B5 S4 Brakes Fitted

james0808

Reaction score
Got my S4 brakes off Quantumjohn today(thanks) and had to put them on.

This was my old ones
oldbrakes.jpg

The S4 ones on checking for wheel clearance as the calipers are massive.
S4brakesnotpainted.jpg

and here are both sets with the new ones on after a bit of paint.
bothbrakes.jpg

and finally all finished with the dirty wheel back on.
S4brakespainted.jpg

It was a very easy job to do and i think they look good,dont know how good they are yet but i will let you know when i bed them in abit.

Thought i better give the wheels a clean.
IMAG0317.jpg

just got to clean the discs up abit now.

kenny_boon said:
what size are the new brakes?
I didnt measure them but i looked at some uprated discs and they are 323/30mm.They are loads better than the standard rubbish i had.
Thanks for the comments Olly_K and marmite.Its slowly getting to how i want it,it looked like this when i got it in april...............
A4-1.jpg

A4-3.jpg

i have a 1.8T sline quattro, any ideas if they would fit?

not sure what size of brakes mine has as standard

kenny_boon said:

I think yours will be the same as what i had,288mm.Not sure though.The S4 brakes will fit yours,the only thing is the calipers are very wide.My wheels only clear the caliper by a couple of mm.

kenny_boon said:

i have some of those off my a6 now i've upgraded to cayennes, i want £75 for pair of two pot callipers, £15 for used 320mm discs, no pads they were too far gone to use again. discs have enough metal left on them for a while

i believe they are the same fitment as s4 bits, check etka. yes obviously the outside looks mucky as i never painted them but you can do that, but function wise there were no problems i took them off purely because i upgraded to bigger.

1999. pm me if you want to know more rather than us jacking this thread.

Hi james0808, to fit a B5S4 caliper on a B6A4, would that just be the calipers, rotors and pads?

Can we reuse the same caliper carriers?

Thanks
Sam

So what's happened to your brake shields? Do you still have the standard ones hiding behind your S4 discs, or have you just not bothered with the shields?

I only ask as I am in the process of doing a B5 RS4 front brake conversion. I have the carriers already with callipers and discs on the way. Just braided lines, pads and shields still on the shopping list. Wondering if shields can come off the list?

Cheers.