Exhaust Mod

jonnyc

Reaction score
Just a little thing you can do in 30 seconds to get a more aggressive sound from your new S3..

The exhaust valve on the left hand tail pipe, disconnect the arm from the solenoid to the exhaust valve and turn it 90 degrees anti clock wise which will allow it to function normally..

When you get on the power hard this will fully open the valve and give a much more pronounced exhaust noise, just sounds pretty aggressive, basically just a sound mod but worth doing and completely reversible in another 30seconds!!

Give it a try anyways..!

Ps. You only really notice the difference when your hard on the power around 4k revs +

Jonny:icon_thumright:

buffalino said:
has anybody tried this yet,,

Yup, works really nicely.

P.S. Is that your white S3 in that pic? If so where did you get those wheels!!??

Serious... You sure it works Jonny? Have you tried it out?
If so better than having miltek exhaust put on :rockwoot: Just leave it standard.

jonnyc said:
Just a little thing you can do in 30 seconds to get a more aggressive sound from your new S3..

The exhaust valve on the left hand tail pipe, disconnect the arm from the solenoid to the exhaust valve and turn it 90 degrees anti clock wise which will allow it to function normally..

When you get on the power hard this will fully open the valve and give a much more pronounced exhaust noise, just sounds pretty aggressive, basically just a sound mod but worth doing and completely reversible in another 30seconds!!

Give it a try anyways..!

Ps. You only really notice the difference when your hard on the power around 4k revs +

Jonny:icon_thumright:

Is this only going to work on the S3, or any A3 with twin tailpipes? When you say twisting the solenoid makes it work normally, does that mean that it is not working normally initially?

Does one need any special tools to do it?

Any pics of what needs doing?

Is there a big difference in the sound?
Just want to know because il leave work right now to try that out. :superman:

bowfer said:
Noise, for the sake of noise.
Marvellous.

Dont worry Bowfer im sure it wont be that "chavy" exhaust sound. More discreet than that...

I bet your bike more discreet than the chav exhausts.
Just a little bit of a satisfying sound for us the humble S3 drivers.

Ach well, as someone else (think it was Eeef) said;

"and the slide of the brand continues"

All this mod does it keep the exhaust flap open all the time rather than it being opened by the soleniod over 4500revs at certain throttle openings..

Makes a very small change to the sound, only noticeable at idle and low revs.. I doubt atall would provide any more power and would just be something for those who wish to hear the exhaust when driving around slowly..

And Bowfer.. what is up your ****!!

[
quote=kabuto]I am gonna give it a try [/quote]

Good man..

Suggest using some needle nose pliers to pop the arm out of the hole in the exhaust flap then while you have hold of it twist it round 90degrees so that it can operate (up and down) without fouling on anything..

Wont take you long at all.. 30seconds max!

Let us know how you get on!

Jonny

One day, this lad will have an S3 with a Milltek...

shed2.jpg

:faint:
Bowfer miltek is not loud... In fact i reckon your diesel is louder than an S3 with a miltek... I know it is...

bowfer said:
Some chav with a loud exhaust, probably.

In every thread there is a complaint from you bowfer , u are F**king pethitic , u clearly live a misreable life , you are entitled to opinions but insults arnt needed .
This is a tiny little adjustment for a valve on an exhaust just so we can hear that lovly note the s3 makes up in the revs more often .......
:o.k:

S3 LTN said:
:faint:
Bowfer miltek is not loud... In fact i reckon your diesel is louder than an S3 with a miltek... I know it is...

Prove it, because I don't believe you.

It is louder.... Place your diesel next to an S3 with a miltek... rev it...
Your diesel going to be the louder one...! No proof needed... common sense it enough.

madalex said:
In every thread there is a complaint from you bowfer , u are F**king pethitic , u clearly live a misreable life , you are entitled to opinions but insults arnt needed .
This is a tiny little adjustment for a valve on an exhaust just so we can hear that lovly note the s3 makes up in the revs more often .......
:o.k:

Pethetic ?
What's pethetic ?
TBH, I wish you S3 boys would feck off and get your own part of the forum , coz I'm heartily sick of seeing you lot discussing horrendous and socially offensive modifications on here.
Some of you are like a bunch of kids with some Halfords' vouchers.
No doubt you'll agree ( so I'll save you the bother ), but the quicker I get away from the deteriorating Audi brand, the better.
It's all dark windows and illegal exhausts.
The only thing that seperates you and a Corsa chav is money, IMO.

Dont get me wrong Bowfer- I love bikes but I bet your bike is louder than any of the S3`s on here??? Is that also unsociable ??? I dont think either is.:icon_thumright:

bowfer said:
Pethetic ?
What's pethetic ?
TBH, I wish you S3 boys would feck off and get your own part of the forum , coz I'm heartily sick of seeing you lot discussing horrendous and socially offensive modifications on here.
Some of you are like a bunch of kids with some Halfords' vouchers.
No doubt you'll agree ( so I'll save you the bother ), but the quicker I get away from the deteriorating Audi brand, the better.
It's all dark windows and illegal exhausts.
The only thing that seperates you and a Corsa chav is money, IMO.

well b gone , deteriorating Audi brand( sure thing ):think:

Wes G said:
Dont get me wrong Bowfer- I love bikes but I bet your bike is louder than any of the S3`s on here??? Is that also unsociable ??? I dont think either is.:icon_thumright:

Simple answer to that.
My bike is 100% legal.
Legal S3's I have no problem with.
As soon as some muppet suggests making their car noiser, whether by fitting a Milltek or by some other modification, I reserve the right to assume they have a mental age of around 17 and/or some sort of malfunction that means they want people to notice them as they drive past.
Fair enough ?

madalex said:
well b gone , deteriorating Audi brand( sure thing ):think:

Audi used to be a classy brand.
There's nothing classy about loud exhausts and/or dark windows.
So, that's a deterioration of the brand in my book.

Goodbye A3 boy.. Goodbye and good redence...
Take your deisel A3 (which is louder then any S3 with or without miltek) and your :puke2: 100% legal bike (which is even louder then your diesel A3) to a "classy" brand of your high standards. :bye:

An S3 with a miltek is 100% legal??? Or am I missing something here? I`m sure they do a illegal one but I dont think anyone on here would want one, they are fitting them for the performance gain ( if any-thats a diff arguement) And the valve thing they are on about dos`nt really make them loud...its a standard part-they just want to here the old turbo spool up?:think:

S3 LTN said:
Take your deisel A3 (which is louder then any S3 with or without miltek) and your :puke2: 100% legal bike (which is even louder then your diesel A3) to a "classy" brand of your high standards. :bye:

You just like spouting 'facts' you can't prove, don't you...
Dear oh dear...

bowfer said:
You just like spouting 'facts' you can't prove, don't you...
Dear oh dear...

And you of course have verified the volume of an S3 with a Milltek exhaust, have you?

Please don't presume to make any judgements about people’s mental age on the back of modifications they have made. I have a Milltek exhaust and the rationale behind purchasing this was purely performance based. I don't want any more noise!

Need I add that privacy glass is an Audi option...?

Oh, can you justify the need to have a motorbike? Surely one can argue that it's purely for showman purposes. It has no legal functional advantage over a car. Squeezing in and out of traffic up the middle lane of a two lane motorway is in fact illegal!
I'd argue that bike noise is a bigger problem on our roads than chav exhausts.

To clarify, a Milltek exhaust is not illegal...unless it is non-resonated and contravenes noise laws.

If noise is your primary concern then you're going to be seriously ****** of if an R8 lands in your street!

If you feel the brand is sliding, why don't you go elsewhere....can I suggest a Honda civic in British Racing Green!

Wes G said:
An S3 with a miltek is 100% legal??? Or am I missing something here? I`m sure they do a illegal one but I dont think anyone on here would want one, they are fitting them for the performance gain

If you read the milltek website, they skirt the issue.
They don't say if they're legal or illegal.
All they say is "our exhausts won't wake the neighbours"
Well, that's a matter of opinion.
They might not wake the neighbours, but it might bug them.
IMO, if their exhausts were legal, they would say they were.
By skirting the issue with vagaries, they are more or less admitting they are not legal.

CJP80 said:
If noise is your primary concern then you're going to be seriously ****** of if an R8 lands in your street!

If you feel the brand is sliding, why don't you go elsewhere....can I suggest a Honda civic in British Racing Green!

:icon_thumright: :salute:

CJP80 said:

I'd argue that bike noise is a bigger problem on our roads than chav exhausts.

Utter nonsense.
Car exhaust noise is becoming such a problem that several English councils have set up teams specifically to deal with it.
The sheer number of cars v bikes means the balance will always tip towards cars being the bigger problem.
I'm not saying there aren't noisy bikes, that would be daft.
I hate them as much as I do noisy cars.
There are far less of them though.

PS - as I already said, I intend to leave the declining Audi brand as soon as I can. I'll leave the 'drug dealer chic' well behind me, thank god.

bowfer said:
Simple answer to that.
My bike is 100% legal.
Legal S3's I have no problem with.
As soon as some muppet suggests making their car noiser, whether by fitting a Milltek or by some other modification, I reserve the right to assume they have a mental age of around 17 and/or some sort of malfunction that means they want people to notice them as they drive past.
Fair enough ?

This is all getting a bit strange, im sure a psychologist would have an absolute field day on some of your comments!!

If you’re a recluse that doesn’t like people to look at them that’s fine really!

Please don’t try and claim that if someone adds a modification to there car, potentially drawing more attention and making it (in their own eyes) more ATTRACTive they automatically have the mental age of a 17 year old!!

This may shock you but im sure most people modify there car for their own enjoyment and NOT to just impress other people.. I know I do!

Also some would say getting dressed up in skintight leather and riding around on a super bike may draw attention? Obviously not..

Whos the muppet..

The declining brand that’s growth is significantly better than any other manufacturer in the world!

I'll agree with your comments that some exhausts are extremely noisy for no other reason than to attract attention. However, you are clearly implying that mods are responsible for a decline in the brand image. Apparently someone forgot to tell the rest of the market.

Lol, Bowfer. Calm yourself down a little. There's nothing wrong with playing around with your exhaust valves. It certainly doesn't diminish your social status. Besides, its already been mentioned that it doesn't really make a difference until further up the rev range, and who wants a car sounding like a blender???

For what its worth, I removed the vacuum pipes from the valves in the RS4. The noise is vastly improved, with the added benefit of a little extra smoothness at low rpm, and a little more torque.