MIJ quad exhaust fitted!

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
Well I finally took the plunge and headed off to MIJ Performance to have my exhaust made. After a good half hour chat with Jay about what i wanted from them and what was best they started the build, at around 11 o'clock. We decided that they'd build upto the centre box and then have a drive and a listen to see what we'd do at the rear. So a couple of hours later this was completed and we went for a spin, she did sound rather loud, but with the pipe exiting right under the car that was to be expected, mainly though when cruising at motorway speeds you could hardly hear it, so we decided we could get away with just the one box and squeeze pipework to both sides of the car for the quad exits I really wanted. So off they went and after a bit of a wait, 5.30!, they'd finished. Damn she looked good! So after a few pics for their website and a video for youtube (all coming very soon they assured me) I finally got to drive home. I must say the sound is awesome, on full throttle it roars, off throttle not much louder than normal. Although now it's starting to coke up today it is getting louder, a bit more than I'd hoped for but I'll cope! All in all a long day but I'd highly recommend MIJ performance, they really know what they're doing.
Only managed to get 1 pic today, and she's a little dirty after the motorways yesterday, my camera phone packed up so more will follow as soon as I can, along with some vids too.
16-3-08059.jpg

Looks good dude, I used MIJ for mine and i agree with you on them knowing their stuff.
Top stuff:applaus:

Looking good. Bet that sounds awesome too, soundclip?

Where is MIJ by the way?

jay`s a good bloke isnt her and really knows his stuff, he made my system for my car, i recommend mij to anyone.

he also made my mates system for his imprezza after id told how good they were and he had seen mine

i like the twin exit look, i had considered that option for mine but then didnt want to chop the rear bumper, but does look good

Soundclips will be up as soon as I get summit to video it with, ****** phone packed up. Should be a vid up on youtube from MIJ soon so I'll post the link as soon as it goes up.

Anyone looking for a real good stainless system in whatever noise or style they want go to MIJ, they can build anything you want. An excellent alternative to what seems to be a Milltek dominated scene, nice to be different too! They quoted £495 for a single system, I paid £680 for mine, not bad considering the amount of time and work that went into it, and still cheaper than a Milltek! The fit is fantastic too, real tight fit to the bumper and under the car, but doesn't hit at all, barely moves!

Not sure if i'm liking the the quad exhaust look.

Just looks a bit busy. Whole reason i personally like Audis is that they have a bit of an understated look about them. That said, it does look like they've done a top job.

Looks good. Same look I'm going for, but, I've been quoted a lot less.

Not sure if it's because I'm trade, or the fact I've had all systems for various clients built with them over the years.

MIJ have a great rep. Not liking the exhaust though sorry

I'm going for the twin-oval (RS6-style) on mine.

It's pretty close to the fuel tank but they assured me it'd be fine, they've done it loadsa times before on various other cars.

im sorry but i do find that looks rather good to a degree. i know audi are that slightly different car not chavy etc.....but that quad system does make the car abit like I MEAN BUISNESS DONT RACE ME!!!!!!! Which is cool!!

I commend you for getting it done but I would have like to see one pipe each side but thats just me.

A la B6.

But with the ovals as Siena said. Think that would be a bit more OEM.

Well I found this pic of ovals done before I decided what to have built and didn't like it that much. But it's all personal preference isn't it, wouldn't do to be all the same!
image310.jpg

Ahem, soundclips yet mucka? Had the pleasure of driving mine under the runways at Mway airport Friday, 2 long tunnels!! The missle knew I wanted to do that for ages, so she gave me the thumbs up to lower the windows and boot it!! Sweeet!

Well here's a quick video, not the best, sound quality isn't the greatest, but you get the idea. She's a bit louder than normal, and yes there's a little smoke, but that's the 1st time it was started all weekend.

I've had i all fitted for a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to think it's just a bit too loud so I'm looking into fitting a couple more boxes earlier up the system to hopefully quieten it down a bit, just need to find some ramps or a 2 poster around here to get a good look underneath and a measure up see what I can fit.
I'll get some rolling footage put up when I can get someone to hold the camera for me! Can appreciate more what it sounds like then. Although if you live within 20 miles of me you've probably heard it already!!

Do you have a pic of the underside? I considered a twin outlet but then saw where the fuel tank is.

How much was this? (or have you said already? lol).

Ths is a pic of another S4 I found with a similar setup, the pipes take the same route as mine.

image411small.jpg

It does come pretty close to the fuel tank but they assured me it'd b fine, although I will be puuting some heat wrap along that length of pipe just to be sure. Lets just hope they're right! Cost me £680, but it did take them almost a whole day to build and the fit is excellent, doesn't move at all.

hmmh. I'd consider lowering your system a bit, and trimming your bumper to give more clearance.

It will melt otherwise. And if it's that rigid, you run the risk of cracked welds. Stainless steel isn't very forgiving to vibrations, if there's inadequate movement.

It'll be quieter too inside the car, less resonance.

Just ideas, mind you. I'm not criticizing the workmanship of your system, they seem to have done a great job.

loving the way u reved it then switched straight off
nice exhaust first saw double exit on american guys green met a4
i think yours suits the car if it was just a 18t then no

When you say melt Siena, I hope you mean just the bumper!? And not the fuel tank!
Also who do you use for your systems and where abouts are you? Maybe able to help me sort out my noise issues! Might be cheaper and easier than going all the way back too MIJ.

When you say melt Siena, I hope you mean just the bumper!? And not the fuel tank!
Also who do you use for your systems and where abouts are you? Maybe able to help me sort out my noise issues! Might be cheaper and easier than going all the way back too MIJ.

Lol, I mean just the black lip of the bumper will melt, the fuel tank will be fine. If you want more peace of mind, get the pipework painted black with high temperature paint. It'll run cooler, as black absorbs heat, and silver reflects. The very reason why production intercoolers / radiators are painted satin black...

I use a place called Pipecraft, in Basildon. They've been around for donkeys years, and build a lot of systems for American hot rods, and limos. Their ramp is actually long enough to take two Audi A8's bumper-to-bumper, last time I was there, they were building an exhaust on a brand new stretch Hummer.

They are very cheap too, and their workmanship is as good as MIJ, but probably about 40% cheaper. Your system would have cost you about £350. I'm in the Suffolk Coastal area.

Pipecraft sound good and a little more close to home for me.

You want the same exhaust set up as me as well i want RS6 style on mine.

Website could do with an update lol

Pipecraft sound good and a little more close to home for me.

You want the same exhaust set up as me as well i want RS6 style on mine.

Website could do with an update lol

Still waiting on a flywheel, and of course, an R&D B5.

Next update will be my exhaust, mine sounds hollow, I reckon the baffles have either collapsed, or no longer exist.

Thanks for the piece of mind! Was thinking of painting the rear section black anyway, just to hide the system a little more as it does hang a little low and is a little visible from a distance, good advice too, cheers!

As for pipecraft thanks for the reccomendation but think they're gonna be even further sadly, should've asked sooner, could've saved me in the long run! Eh well, we live and learn!