Mint S3 bargain.....Where are the genuine buyers?

StaffsS3

Flat Out
Reaction score
:salute:Guys (and ladies),

Just wanted to know your thoughts on the sale of my beloved S3. Going to really miss her but have been pressured into getting something more practical. Which to be fair is a really nice car for an oil burner (remapped now to 175bhp) obviously!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-54-Audi-...oryZ9835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My S3 has been reduced now to £9195 which I think is a pretty fair price for one in such a mint and original (apart from the remap) condition. Mileage is 64k and it is just sat in the garage all polished up and waiting for a buyer. I just want it to go to a good home. No-one has even seen it in the flesh yet. Getting tired of time wasters who don't turn up or try to haggle over the phone......

I don't like the expression first to see will buy, but to be honest they probably will. So if you know anyone who wants a really nice example, let me know.

20070402_0296.jpg

20070402_0295.jpg

20070402_0299.jpg

20070402_0303.jpg

If it wasn't for the light coloured interior I'd be very interested!

or if you dont want to go to the hassle of swapping...you could always go over the seats with a blue permanent marker and they will look exactly the same:p

Looks tidy. If that was full leather it would be away I reckon!

Price seems fair, but no one has any cash at the mo!

You should check for sure what the tax will be on it after next March, but i suspect as a 51 plate it will be £400+.....thsi is also putting buyers of these off as its a lot of tax for a hatchback.

Hang in there, its a tidy car, price is realistic and I am sure someone will be along soon!

Where are you advertising it?

If it wasn't for the light coloured interior I'd be very interested!

Are you serious?

You're put off by the fact that it has THE most gorgeous interior the S3 ever came with?

I'd kill for those seats, theyre FAR nicer than the blue ones.

Bit over my budget, but if it was my favorite color SILVER then maybe i would have reconsidered. 'Staff' your car is looking mint though i must say!!!!!

Are you serious?

You're put off by the fact that it has THE most gorgeous interior the S3 ever came with?

I'd kill for those seats, theyre FAR nicer than the blue ones.

Don't get me wrong mate, I want it, I really want it, but as I'm a mechanic it'd get ruined, short of getting naked every time I wanted to drive it :laugh:

Try it! That alcantara feels nice on your ****... just ask my ex lol. Shock any coppers that pull you over too

on a related note, I drove thru McDonalds drivethru naked once for a bet... Thats another story tho (Needles to say there was a joke made about a Happy Meal)

Did they ask you if you wanted to "go large!?"

That interior is definately the best!!! I LUUUUUUUURVE it!!

SEAT COVER!!!;)

BTW.... Sorry for the random crap in here Staff!

Atleast Im keeping it at the top of the page for you!

i have the same interior in my s3 and im a mechanic,i havent got any dirt or oil on them yet as i wear overalls,lol.they are very comfy.ill have to try the naked drive through soon grathies although i dont fancy putting any skid marks on them so maybe have to sit on a napkin.lol

You could just wipe your **** properly? Tho having worked as a mechanic, I know some fellow colleages seemd unable to do this themselves, let alone work on cars properly :p

yeah i know but our toilet paper at work is like tracing paper so rather than getting a clean wipe your more likely to end up with a paper cut,lol.

Nice! One of the mechanics at VW got fedup of that so used the blue industrial roll... blocked the pipes and flooded the toilet (Which was upstairs above the managers office!)

Now that was funny

Anyway, sorry again Staffs!

yeah sorry as well staff,why is it that me or grathies or both ahve to lower the tone of a perfectly normal topic.:whistle2:

PMSL!!! I never tried the driving through MacDonalds naked thing.....

Had some clown on the phone tonight wanting to give me £8k in cash and a couple of monthly installments.......... For the love of all that is holy......What is wrong with some people.

Still think it looks better than full leather!

lol I live in a big town with basically 1 road in and out.. We have to make our own fun!

You do get some jokers but hopefully youll get a proper buyer soon, if I was looking now Id be considering yours

I love the Half Leather Half Alcantara, mines blue for Portsmouth which I love... yours is soooo much nicer tho

Phew!! After reading the first couple of comments about the silver alcantara interior I thought I'd made a big boo boo and bought an undesirable interior. Thankfully the rest of you have made me happy again :) I love my interior :rock:

grathies..good on you for the naked drive-thru! Was it a man or woman serving you?!

Staffs..is that a metallic black you've got? Looks like a very dark grey rather than proper black.

If this was 2 months ago i would have had it without a doubt, I paid 8.8 for a 2001 Y with 78k on the clock, in black, fash, grey leather, bose etc.. for the extra 400 i would have easily snapped yours up.. gutted.

If it wasn't for the fact that:
a) It's slightly out of my price range
b) I've not long bought my 1.8T Quattro
c) It seems where I live random ******** drive into parked cars outside my house!

I'd probably take it off your hands. I love and would most likely kill for that interior. It's bootiful.
Best of luck, it's a mighty fine example. I can see why you want to give it a good home but if it's not selling then your price is most likely too high, soz.

J

If this was 2 months ago i would have had it without a doubt, I paid 8.8 for a 2001 Y with 78k on the clock, in black, fash, grey leather, bose etc.. for the extra 400 i would have easily snapped yours up.. gutted.

Ditto. I paid just over £8.2k for mine with 58k on the clock. Would have preferred a black or grey, and could even have lived with those seats ;-)

The right buyer IS out there. Just don't budge too far on price. That's about right...

Cheers,

Cheers for the comments guys. Just to clarify, yes it definately is black metallic. Everyone has different tastes but I love the interior, it really brightens things up.

I paid £10,700 just over 12 months ago. Looks like I have to face the fact that I have lost a fair bit over this time.

Got to say the grin factor when you floor it was well worth it. Going to be about as upset to see it go as when I sold my Mk3 16v Anniversary Gti. Both were sparkly black metallic.

Still if it doesn't go at the weekend I can always sell the wifes MX5 and keep the S3 and A6, at least untill Junior arrives!!

:icon_thumright:

Looks a tidy example that mate, good luck with the sale!

I personally love the interior, but i dont think id buy one with the alcantara as it seems to wear bad on higher mileage cars.

Make sure you put on your adverts it WONT be in the £400 tax bracket, and quote the dvla website where it states it only applies to cars registered after 2006

Cheers mate will do!

Have to say that I was a bit disturbed with talk of £400.00 a year road tax. Got to have been a good move having remapped a 210bhp AMK engine.

:happy:

Who was the remap done by? any figures of the rollers? Also I thought that the new tax system will apply to all cars after march 2001? could be wrong all very confusing?

Hi - first post on the forum (have been reading for a while). I saw your car on Autotrader recently. Unfortunately I don't start my new job until June... but if for some reason you havent sold it by then I would snap it up:)

Who was the remap done by? any figures of the rollers? Also I thought that the new tax system will apply to all cars after march 2001? could be wrong all very confusing?

Nope, its been covered numerous time on here, do a quick search

Remap was done by Chipped UK, literally days after I bought it (just don't tell the wife)!! 265bhp which having driven a lot of performance cars with work does seem about right.

Went back to Chipped UK last week to give my A6 TDI the same treatment (again don't tell the wife). What she doesn't know won't hurt her!!

:whistle2:

Nope, its been covered numerous time on here, do a quick search

Looking at parkers guide this car will be in the higher bracket for tax as it will be a late 2001 taking it post march 2001. thats £300 odd just for road tax:ohmy:....am I correct here as acording to DVLA this new duty is for all cars after march 2001?

Thanks

its on two newesh threads as well as loads of previous, the tax on a 225 registered after march 01 will be £415 pa

Oh well, such is life.

Took a deposit on the sale of the S3 this evening. Looks like it's going to a good home. I knew the first one to see would buy. Got £8975.00 which for the great condition is about spot on in my book.

Cheers for all your help on this forum. Going to miss the S3 like mad, but I do sort of like my new shape A6 land barge.

All the best, please try to avoid flying past any Akoya Silver A6's in your S3's and 1.8T's of course (Dave Bayern)!!

Staffs :salute: