My cars new summer look!

joshW

Reaction score
Got some new summer rims so thought id post some pics up from a local show i went to yesterday.

Im expecting these to have the marmite effect, but all comments welcome...

camerapics143.jpg

camerapics145.jpg

camerapics146.jpg

camerapics144.jpg

And a few of our stand...

camerapics164.jpg

camerapics165.jpg

My brothers 63K 1992 Mk3 Polo G40 running around 160BHP..

camerapics148.jpg

camerapics150.jpg

By the way, the wheels are Porsche replicas (bought believing they were genuine from a guy on edition38.. Got done over:mad:)

8x18 fronts and 9.5x18 rears, with a fresh refurb half done by me and hand painted centre caps which was a nightmare lol!!

Hope you like,
josh

Looking good make, love the porsche wheels but not sure about the white centres. I personally think i would go with body coloured or silver centres.

Lol knew people would be unsure of them.

Every car has silver or black centres, wheres the fun in being the same :eyebrows:

Got some new summer rims so thought id post some pics up from a local show i went to yesterday.

Im expecting these to have the marmite effect, but all comments welcome...

camerapics143.jpg

camerapics145.jpg

camerapics146.jpg

camerapics144.jpg

And a few of our stand...

camerapics164.jpg

camerapics165.jpg

My brothers 63K 1992 Mk3 Polo G40 running around 160BHP..

camerapics148.jpg

camerapics150.jpg

By the way, the wheels are Porsche replicas (bought believing they were genuine from a guy on edition38.. Got done over:mad:)

8x18 fronts and 9.5x18 rears, with a fresh refurb half done by me and hand painted centre caps which was a nightmare lol!!

Hope you like,
josh

Hi Josh

What offset are the Porsche wheels and what PCD adaptor did you use? Are the Porsche wheels 5x130 PCD? I am a wheel fitment nerd (it's my job!!) so I was wondering how they sit in the arches and have you had to modify anything? I sell Porsche wheels (not the same as yours) and would like to offer a conversion for the 8L A3/VW Golf MK IV. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
John.

Love em, always liked them wheels, look good too with the white :hi:i think.

I also secretly have a liking to those cheeky G40's, a kid near me had one, fitted an eaton charger, it sounded mental :scared2: and was running 13 second 1/4 miles :ninja:

Dude they look sweet! The contrast is awesome, tis good to be different, proper dub stylez! Hope they're always that clean!

Nice wheels but really dont fit the car cos there's no white on it

wondering if a white rubber sill strip would look good or gash to go with them

Agree nice darts, very dubtastic. However I would be scared sh!tless parking it, I would hate to kerb them beauties!!!

Hmmmm.......yep marmite, love the wheels, dont like the colour.......black all the way:thumbsup:

Very nice mate, looks different, but it does the job....well done, goes well with the car colour and the plates as well..

Alright Mate hows it going? Not spoke to you in a while, im soooo jealous of your wheels though you lucky git they looks ****** awesome i like the white centers good to be different! Wonder what a white roof would look like lol...

Did CC sort your car? I went back to Jabba its now hitting 1.5 Bar day all long where-as at our RR day it was struggling to hit 1 bar! Totally transformed my car now!

Lovely looking motor though Josh,

J

Love them! Look great in white mate, such a good contrast against the black.
Whatever you do, dont paint them black, will look totally **** on a black car, you really loose the shape of the alloy with black wheels as they just look like steelies!

Good job:thumbsup:

Love the way it sits right over the stretched tyres.. Love the fact that its different. Respect bro, looks rude. I'd think about getting the valances colour coded, but apart from that.. looking good mate.

Loving it.

Thinking of getting some Cups for my S4.

I saw the thread on e38 and how you were proper blagged, but you've made the best of a bad situation. They look nice; I like the colour of the centre's as it compliments the plates.

What show where those pics at?

Cool!:ninja:

Cheers for all the comments!:)

@ john@DW - hey mate, i cant remember exactly off the top of my head but yes they are 5x130, the fronts were ET 59 and they have 25mm spacers on so are ET 35. The backs were ET47 and have 25mm spacers so are ET22. they fit well(no scrubbage with 3people and you can see its quite low) but ideally i think 20mm adaptors on rear and 30-35mm on fronts would look best. they are FK adaptors.

@HTC - cheers, i bought the white plate for the rear for show use but am really loving it so i think it will stay until police say otherwise lol

@domburg - yes his g40 is awesome, the eaton'd ones do sounds amazing! its getting a full respray in the next couple of weeks. theres a few going down the turbo conversion route, using the KO3 turbo that we have siting in the front room from my car....:eyebrows:

Cheers dave, wasn't sure what sort of reply id get from you lol you seemed very unsure when i told you my plans lol.

@jason - hey mate, glad to hear your car is sorted!! nah mines the same atm, dont think its anything to do with the map, got a few things to try this week then i might be ringing them for some advice.
Have thought about a white roof but cant afford to get it done , then back black when the wheels go after the summer lol. have also thought about white wing mirrors as a cheaper option lol.

They will definately not go black done too many times and as said takes away the design of the wheel. and would like to get all the bottom colour coded but its all money lol.

Cheers for the comments, Right, essay done... bed time now lol

josh

Love them wheel, Nice to see you bein a bit different aswell, Read your post on edition 38, was gutted for you but just shows that you cant trust everyone,
Glad to see it didnt put the wheels as they really suit your A3.:thumbsup:

cheers mate, yea i was gutted, and not being able to split them made for a lot more difficult refurb(masking edges etc) but worht it in the end i think.

Absolutely, I think the white REALLY works.

It'd look rubbish with other white colour coded stuff, keep it as it is.

Properly amazing, I want some now!

i must admit the first time i looked i didnt like them. but everytime i look back at the post i like it more and more.

Lol knew people would be unsure of them.

Every car has silver or black centres, wheres the fun in being the same :eyebrows:

mate they don't dig that stuff over here, its black silver or nothing! put it up on E38 it'll get a warmer response.

LOL cheers guys.

Well the outcome with the wheels was tuff s**t in better words lol.
Im still in 2minds about coding anything else , have also thought about doing the grille surround.

@HTC- Hell yea ill swap with you!!!! ill even drive all the way to you to make the transfer haha. and obviously both cars stay as they are;)

josh

All about white on black baby.

Yes like the wheels alot. Good job josh.
Inspired me to further pursue some white porsche cups on my noggy blue tt. ummmmmm.