Question about S3/TT driveshafts

Stewart

Reaction score
Website
www.oreton.com
Would anyone know if S3/TT nearside and offside driveshafts are identical?

If they are identical, would a N/S front wheel drive driveshaft from say an LCR be the same?

S3 and TT shafts have the same part numbers, so they will be interchangable.

Leon Cupra R has a different number for the complete drive shaft with joints. Interestingly the Leon has the same part numbers for both inner and outer nearside CV joints. Either the shaft is a different length or part numbers were updated for the seat?

Thanks HTC,

Just to clarify, are S3/TT shafts the same on each side of the car? I.e Identical part numbers?

I'm looking to perhaps use an S3/TT box in my LCR with the final drive from the Xfer box removed so will need an O/S shaft.

I was thinking that if they are the same on both sides then it would follow that a N/S shaft from ANY 02M setup would work (and therefore easier to source)...

Yes the s3/tt shafts are the same both sides. I remember a guy on vwvortex fitting a previously 4wd box to a golf and removing the transfer. IIRC he split the box and added the 2wd half of the bell housing, though he spoke of a blanking plate.
I had a look for the thread, but couldn't find it. You might have better luck.

Just to clarify, the s3/tt shafts share part numbers, but the shafts differ for each side....if that makes sense.

Err no lol :)

Do you mean they have the same part number but with a different suffix or something like 8L0 XXX XXXR and 8L0 XXX XXXL ?

For my clarification :) could I use a N/S shaft on the O/S and vice versa? I.e are they handed?

I'll start again lol,

1. If I use an S3/TT box, can I use my LCR N/S shaft?

2. If Yes to Q1, can I source either a N/S or O/S shaft from an S3/TT to use on my O/S

:)

Sorry Stewart bit off topic but how come you are changing the gearbox. What you planning???????

As far as I can tell the shafts are sided.

1. I think you can use the LCR shaft if it has the same inner CV fastening looking at parts numbers. I believe some are bolted, others splined.

2. Really can't say.

I would get some parts from a breakers yard and just try it. Size the shafts up together. Or find a helpful parts guy.

Gotta be something interesting as he is selling a brand new not yet delivered peloquin LSD