my a3 just got wiped out :(

ste_1210

Reaction score
went to get some petrol today and some kind person never botherd to look and pulled out and took me out

car is a mess wheel is up in arch and by looks of it oil is leaking from gearbox what a geat day

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

wanted to cry just had the car back from the body shop :(

Thats bad news mate, that car really has been through the wars hasnt it!
Hope you get it all sorted ok!

Jason

cant see insirence fixing it with oil commin from the box and the wheel up in the arch like it is. ill buy it back from them but im not gonna fix it gonna strip it see what i can get for the bits off itim sire the interier and the engine will be werth a good bit gotta see what insirenece pays up. lucky i deciared the car as it is im sure the womans insire wont wanna cough up for it though

gutted for you steve

looks like a hell of a lot of work has gone into that A3

hope the insurance sorts it out

gutted for you mate. hope you get it sorted soon

good luck

kev

im fully comp and she has claimed liablility and there is far to many witneses to say she not watching what she was doin.

feel sorry for my girlfriend she was sitting that side when it happend she got a nice bump and right bruse were seatbelt dug in

it mainly just the inconvienence of things as i know for sire insurence wont fix it as it got in a bump before and the already rite it off once and i bougth it back and repaired it. this time ill buy back and strip it so im sure very soon will be some parts in classified section

Picture021.jpg

looks a bit different,think its just not meant to be Steve

i think so, this car has been bad news from day one might just get a metro wont feel so bad if gets bust up lol.

i thought i was lucky yesterday as 15 cars in my street got scratched by some kind sole and mine never got touched then this happends. gonna kill my next door naber black cat its there every day lol...

you must be gutted mate , nice car aswell seen it at a few shows hope it all gets sorted!

Shame to hear about the car, have seen it a few times and it 'looked' very nice, oh well keep your head up....these things happen.

spoke to steve earlier he says it was a lady wearing a burkha,do they restrict vision as Steve said she just pulled out as if his bright red car wasn't there?!

Bad news mate,

If you do decide to split it i'll have first dibs on a fair few bits you have there.
Interior,wheels etc.

Jason

Dam, that sucks so bad dude.
I hope it doesnt deter you from making such nice looking cars, as i know that kinda thing can make u think whats the point in modding if some idiot is just gonna pull out again.

If u do decide to strip would be interested in the haldex controller:)

I hope it all sorts out quickly and hassle free as i know how much of a pain insurace can be.

Brab3r

Flippin vultures! *cough* Headlights, Rear windows *cough*

what about the ferrari upholstered S3 seats? (a grand it cost for them to be done)

hehe jojo, i think there are a few out there ready to swoop in

How is the car currently insured, is it all declared, mods etc?

If they decide to write it off then you could try and argue that to replace the car would be £x to buy a standard A3 and then £££ to modify to the same standard. As it was not your fault then I would aim to have it repaired as by the time they pay out for a standard car and then for the mods (so that you have chance to replace what you lost) it maybe cheaper to repair it.

Didnt Jason(A3_turbo) say he wants the interior.

Yes and Steves my mate so I think I might jump the queue:p
don't need any interior though TBH (I enjoy shaving my suede seats..OOPS alcantara I mean)
anyhoo Steve isn't certain whether it can be repaired or not

How is the car currently insured, is it all declared, mods etc?

If they decide to write it off then you could try and argue that to replace the car would be £x to buy a standard A3 and then £££ to modify to the same standard. As it was not your fault then I would aim to have it repaired as by the time they pay out for a standard car and then for the mods (so that you have chance to replace what you lost) it maybe cheaper to repair it.

Ermm his car was written off two months ago by someone who claims he hit her (another woman) which was ******** buthe bought it back and repaired so he might not get a lot of wedge plus his insurance next year will be astronomical

I got one (I think) you can have....I uprated my Haldex recently and was presented with a box with bits in....which I assume was the original one.

ah i think he has the upgraded one, which is what im after:D ive heard good things and am looking to get one but its not top of my list atm, but if his is the upgrade on ill snap it up:D

btw what do u think of the uprate controller?

update!!!!

had my mechanic have a look see what he thinks and it is as i thought its ****'d
were the door bolts on is bent along with the pilar behind the door.

yes in the pic is the lady who hit my car what u can see of her anyway. she said she didnt see my car. sadly some people cant notice a bright red audi infront of them

brab3r - uprated haldex controler is a good bit of kit makes power delivery that bit more agresive

car is insured fully comp and declaired modds

gotta see the outcome from insurence might buy another a3 and swop parts over but to tell truth kinda had enought i not long put nealr 3k into the car when it got damaged lastime modded parts are so dam expensive thinkin nice tdi cheap cheap

insurence company rung me today and 3rd party has claim full liability for the crash the gave me such a nice curtacy car a ford c max lovely boat on stilts lol but deff beats walkin

You and your girlfriend suffered whiplash get down the doctors and let the insurance know you want to make an injury claim ;)

You can start getting symptoms upto a week after the accident.

Similar thing happened to me in a carpark, I got 3.5k payout, took about a year to go through though.

Allan

Cant believe i am seeing this car smashed up again, Hope you get it sorted mate and back to its pre-accident glory.

You and your girlfriend suffered whiplash get down the doctors and let the insurance know you want to make an injury claim ;)

You can start getting symptoms upto a week after the accident.

Similar thing happened to me in a carpark, I got 3.5k payout, took about a year to go through though.

Allan

worthless vulture get some pride

bit of a update:
insurence essesor come out today and we striped the car down and not as bad as looked but never the less he rite it off. but sadly audi a3 quattro's are werth jack all at moment so with a abit of a **** and moan we come to some sort of deal £3700 and i keep the car which will need a new suspension stut and a wheel and should drive.

still im gonna get a replacement car and swop over parts car wont be werth much after 2 bumps

forgot to say me and my gf both alreadt been to doctor i got a letter from doctor for whiplash still got a bit of saw neck but not as bad as here the just did xray waiting for results they think she got whiplast and fractured coler bone from wer the seatbelt got her. gotta see the other persons insurence doctor

Steve think you have to change your signature to invisible red

right been striping the front end down today and done some cleaning to find were all the oil if from and lucky enough its not from the gearbox or the stearing rack its from the suspension strut the wheels are so wide there is only like 1/2 cm between them and the strut so when the woman twated the car she hit the wheel which got pushed back and snaped the strut hence wheel up in arch and oil everywere.

so today iv been fitting new strut standerd one of s3 seem to fit same as the a3 one and it was cheap so was werth the gamble and what u know the car drives with abit of scrubing from the egged wheel, smaked most of the dent out of the wing but the door is shot.

just trying to tidy up the car abit and sell it if been bad luck for me so if anyone interested in it im open to relistic offers

here is the spec

Spec

Engine:

1999 Audi A3 Quattro
1.8 20valve Turbo, 105k miles
Regularly Serviced
Cambelt changed at 75k
Water pump and coolant changed at 75k
Brake fluid changed at 75k
Oil changed every 10k
Haldex oil changed every 20k

Engine Modifications

Custom Code Phase 2 remap – graph available from Awesome Gti
Samco Turbo Intake Pipe
Samco Boost Hoses
Pro Alloy front mount intercooler and hard pipes
Blue Flame 3” downpipe
Blue Flame CAT
Blue Flame exhaust system
Quickshift Taipan cold air induction system
Dress Up Items

Audi S3 Engine bay plastics
Carbon Engine Cover
Chrome S3 Strut Brace
Polished inlet manifold

Transmission:

5-speed gearbox
Haldex oil changed every 20k

Transmission Modifications

JBS Auto Designs quickshift kit
Haldex Performance controller
VF Engineering “dogbone” mount
Brakes:

Brake fluid changed at 75k

Brake Modifications

Audi TT 312mm conversion
Black Diamond Braided Lines (fitted at 75k)
Black Diamond Combi Discs - Front and Rear (fitted at 80k)
Black Diamond Fast Track Ceramic Pads fitted to front
Black Diamond Predator Pad fitted to Rear

suspension is fk highsports will need one new strut £185 from venom motorstport

Audi S3 Recaros retrimmed by Ferrari in grey nappa leather with a red stitch
Door cards done to match
A pillar pod housing smiths boost and oil pressure gauge done to match also.
Stainless steel dial rings
Leather armrest kit
Cruise control fitted
Audi TT Pedal Covers

as u can see from the spec alot of money has been spent and all the car needs is someone to invest alittle bit of money on a few parts they will have realy nice car

will add more pics when i do a classified add unless somone buys before

steve