Console Facelift

S3PEG

Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading my centre console to a facelift version. I am looking into buying heated seat switches and have discovered that there are two types...

One for models with a/c (heated seat controls built into a/c control unit) and one for models without a/c. Does anyone know where the heated seat switches go in models without a/c?

Thanks - pictures appreciated!

Chris.

all S3's have a/c, do you have a single DIN with the cubby hole below the stereo?, the heated seat switches are mounted on the a/c panel regardless.... you'll either have them mounted mid column or bottom column (double DIN stereo)

all S3's have a/c, do you have a single DIN with the cubby hole below the stereo?, the heated seat switches are mounted on the a/c panel regardless.... you'll either have them mounted mid column or bottom column (double DIN stereo)

I have installed a double din console to make way for sat nav unit. When I bought the car, the heated seat switches were mounted alongside the rear window heater switch and hazard light switch (in a pre facelift arrangement: part no: 8L0 963 564). These switches don't fit into the post facelift console.

As I have the pre-facelift a/c system, there are no spaces for heated seat switches...

IMAG0032.jpg

i think you need this

item number 170248278604

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/climate-contorl-unit-for-A3-S3-8L-models-heated-seats_W0QQitemZ170248278604QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170248278604&_trkparms=72%3A1089|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

I've read somewhere on here that its not just a simple swap to change from pre-facelift to facelift dash.

I've read somewhere on here that its not just a simple swap to change from pre-facelift to facelift dash.

That's true!! As you can see from the picture, I have already had to "butcher" the a/c facia to make it fit at the bottom of the console.

The latest.....

I replaced the original centre console with a facelift one, price: £70. part no: 8L0 863 243 K.
Had to buy a new a new facia, price: £33. part no: 8L0 863 321 A (for the piano black variety!)
New hazard light switch/relay, price: £5. part no: unknown - came from e bay (must be 2001 or later)
Climate control unit has been moved down and reshaped to fit.
Double din radio cage, price: £50. part no: 8L0 858 005 A.

STILL NEED:

drinks holder and card tray as you can see from the picture...

Untitled.jpg

The big downside is that there is no room in the new facia for the original heated seat switches (I can't find any Audi ones to fit) and the rear demister won't go in either so for now, I've shoved them underneath.