My S3 with new RS4 brakes...

S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
Hi all, Today I have been to http://www.thettshop.co.uk/index.asp
for my S3 to be fitted with RS4 brakes, I will post more pictures and a report when I get back form Italy & Switzerland next Friday.

For now though I wanted to say a massive thank you to all the guys at The TT Shop, at all stages today Dave kept me informed as to how well or how badly it was going!! but despite some head scratching moments the guys got the brakes to fit and work.

If you are looking for that special big brake upgrade I cant recommend the TT Shop enough fantastic modern premises, clean, coffee, and very knowledgeable staff, my new service centre to be sure!

Some pics
IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

wowww it will be nice to read about the installation.. i wonder what difficulties occur and how they are solved.. your brakes look massive..

will be waiting your update on the details..

wowww it will be nice to read about the installation.. i wonder what difficulties occur and how they are solved.. your brakes look massive..

will be waiting your update on the details..

i am also wondering too.
They look great :drool:

Feck they look really good.
can you share prices????
Do you need 19" rims to fir them???

Awesome mod mate.

Looks like they could fit behind certain 18" wheels??

Look amazing!!

Hmmmmm they look fekin sexy.... i just love them!

Fatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Very very nice Andy :respekt:

It also says on the TT site (The brakes will only fit behind 19") is this true?

My report if you need more info pm me I am happy to help

When I first purchased my S3 I knew the few touch’s that I wanted to do, re map, black 19” wheels, full milltek , and once I could find the right people, right product and the stopping power I wanted, the big brake upgrade..

Well I did not even have to settle for 2 out 0f 3 I got all 3 in one place, The TT shop in Kempston, near Bedford, Dave and the team there have been so helpful from day and question one I knew this was the place for me.

Now let me set the scene a little more, when on the Audi – sportball ’08 to the Stelvio pass, I had a “moment” which my old standard S3 brakes got me out of, but I knew the time had come to replace the single pot brakes with something a bit better, and still kept the Audi look I like, so the RS4 kit from The TT shop was the way forward for me!

I got to TT-S at 9am, to be met by Dave, who seemed even more excited than me
about what the day would bring, he introduced me to the team, gave me a coffee and off went my baby for the “prototype” brakes to be fitted, with the huge viewing window I could watch the whole day as it happened, the head scratching, the hub filling, the spacer fitting, the power bleeding and the white tape taking offing!!

I won’t bore you with the fitting details, but hence to say I felt involved, and informed at every stage of the day..

Now I needed to know, as do you!, do they work?

Well I went to the Stelvio again to find out and I took my Mum!! (She’s not been well and needed a brake!) I had run them in nice a slowly over the weekend and trip down to our first stop in Strasbourg, so I knew if I needed them they would be there for me, with all those bends, mad Germans on bikes and mountain bikes, crazy Dutch camper vans, I was going to need them that was for sure!

For those that don’t know the Passo Di Stelvio rises to 2700ish metres over a 22 km stretch of mind bending hairpins and tight roads with snow at the top!

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immagine:Strada_Stelvio.JPG

My Mum summed it up better than I could when she asked why I had not used the brakes I had been going on about all trip!, I replied “Mum I have hardly been off the ****** things!” they were smooth, not even a sign of fade, and I could feel that if I had to “slam” them on they would still work, even after 60 hairpins, well on one fairly straight bit I gunned the car to well lets say over 130mph, when a mad German in a BMW decided that I wasn’t going that fast and would pull across the road and stop for a picture of the famous pass! My god did these babys work! I know I would have NOT stopped had it been the old S3 brakes, but with the RS4 conversion I had 20 yds to spare, so Dave and his team at TT Shop had done their job and fitted a prototype set of RS4 brakes to a S3 with a mad and slightly fast driver.

I have always said, it’s not the speed that matters its how much grip and stopping power you have and I have both now and love it!

If you only do 1 more mod, or you want better brakes give Dave a call on +44 (0)1234 853 225 I cannot praise and recommend them enough, thank you guys, you have made my S3 an outstanding one.

http://www.thettshop.co.uk/performance.asp?cat=3060&product=600521

Excellent report Andy. Sounds like the perfect/natural next step in the S3's rise to gain

Andy are you selling the S3 brakes that have come off your car?

They look great mate! Nice mod. Can we see a side shot of the whole car please?

I got my spacers from Kempston TT shop. Great service. They seem to know their stuff and even warned me about fitting larger than 10mm on the rear because of the rubbing.

Also one of the young lads can't do maths and after agreeing a price he rang through a further £10 off!

so, is there a proper rs4 kit for the S3 now at ttshop? with all the parts needed?
can you give more details about the fitting? i wonder what is needed to fit these brakes to S3...

Didnt know you headed that way, lol

Andy did you sell your old brakes this weekend as been offered some & he says got of someone who did an RS4 upgrade & you're the only one I know of whose done this recently, if is you what did he pay as he said was fairly good price?

The hint to me was him saying the guy was fairly big, couldnt be anyone else but Big Andy, lol.

Thanks.

NHN

Uhhhh excuse me, you left them there, god man they are worth money, never leave **** behind like that, anyway if they cant produce them I would ask them to cough up as worth several hundred pounds fella, not something they should just sell on as its not there property

Owned :wtf:

Speaking of which. When I got my dbilas installed, i told them to put the heat shield on. Having got home I inspected the installation a bit further and found the shield missing.
Called them to ask them where it was, and they were like: Oh we couldnt fit it as there was already a heat shield.

They just didnt bother to inform me about that, and didnt even put it back in the boot or smthg.

Anyone know if its easy to install, now that the intake is in place?

Cheers,
Tim

Owned :wtf:

Speaking of which. When I got my dbilas installed, i told them to put the heat shield on. Having got home I inspected the installation a bit further and found the shield missing.
Called them to ask them where it was, and they were like: Oh we couldnt fit it as there was already a heat shield.

They just didnt bother to inform me about that, and didnt even put it back in the boot or smthg.

Anyone know if its easy to install, now that the intake is in place?

Cheers,
Tim

Heatshield takes exactly 25 seconds to install.. :)