Some Pics

I'mRonBurgundy?

Lets make that kitten purr...
Reaction score
As some may know I fitted spacers, painted my calipers and (thanks to MIB) modded my grille at the weekend. Have to say I'm chuffed with the results...

P1000870.jpg

P1000872.jpg

P1000875.jpg

P1000874.jpg

P1000876.jpg

I think spacers are a must... looks good mate - what have you done to the grill???

Standard s-line grille doesn't have any vertical chrome detailing. I've sort of got a happy medium between S-line and S3 grille.

Just what I was after really. Am chuffed to bits with it.

The grille looks really nice, good work.

Yep that's the stuff. Though I bought the 10m pack.

4 metres will be plenty. I got more as a mate want's his A4 Avant doing too.

3.5mm is slightly thinner than the vertical bar of the s-line grille so no trimming width-wise is required.

Not the greatest photo but hopefully you can get an idea of the side profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH looks OEM to me - unless you inspect it under a microscope (so to speak).

Tape measure and a stanley knife and 20 mins and your done. Reminds me slightly of the A6 Allroad grille.

Hammerite smooth.

I've read a few threads by people who have used it. None have had any issues so far.

i did mine at the weekend too and used two coats of halfords very high temperature paint. i did them standard red, but will probably give them another coat of metallic red to give them a shinier look

Cool. Got any pics?

I would have preferred a glossier finish tbh but am happy with the results really (It's not like I've got a set of Brembo's nestling under their to show off).

Main reason I did them was to help keep them clean - hopefully the paint will stop any staining from brake dust.

Grille looks really good mate.... I might look into that myself!

Always good to see some one taking pride in their car and making a few tasteful mods (chav scum)

Also going to get round to painting my calipers this weekend AND fitting 15mm spacers to the rear (moving my 10mm's to the front).
I'll be using the 'rosso red' Foliatec kit for my calipers. £20 is quite steep but i'm told it's worth it.

I'll get some photos up hopefully next week.

Paul.

Cool. Got any pics?

I would have preferred a glossier finish tbh but am happy with the results really (It's not like I've got a set of Brembo's nestling under their to show off).

Main reason I did them was to help keep them clean - hopefully the paint will stop any staining from brake dust.

there's some in this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=60879

i'll get some more when i get the metallic finish on them. I ordered a set of s-line decals for them off the bay last night to finish it off.

Anymore pics of the car with the spacers on? The fronts look like they stick out too far but might just be that pic

Anymore pics of the car with the spacers on? The fronts look like they stick out too far but might just be that pic

Will try and get some tonight if i get home before the sun sets. TBH I'm still a little undecided on the fronts myself. My drive is angled slightly left to right so that my not help.

Ok. I'm sure its probably the pic.

The grill looks very nice :)

Matt - Pics of front. Hope this helps. It's quite difficult to get an accurate shot really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers. I think they stick out too much for my liking without lowering but as long as you are happy thats all that matters!

Your paintwork always looks too clean! Jealous!

ronburgundy.....What spacers are you running on the front end? Sorry if you've already mentioned it!

Cheers, i only ask because the offset on the front looks quite exaggerated.....Probably the angle of the camera etc?
Car looks great though. Good work.

I have just done this grille chrome mod on my car and its dead easy to do and also looks great so thanks so much for showing us the pics otherwise i wouldn't have done it!

i got the chrome strip from ebay and still got plenty left over, the stuff is really sticking with 3M glue so no need to worry about it coming off!

£7 inc postage, can't go wrong!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150297043590

ah yes piccies

only got close up ones, i'll do some nice ones tomorrow.

Before:
grille1.jpg

After:
grille2.jpg

grille3.jpg

Just checked the eBay link and he seems to be out of the 3.5mm. I'll keep an eye on him and see if he gets more of it.

Looks like a nice cheap mod. What did you use to cut the bits to size?

Just checked the eBay link and he seems to be out of the 3.5mm. I'll keep an eye on him and see if he gets more of it.

Looks like a nice cheap mod. What did you use to cut the bits to size?

stanley knife, dead easy to cut.

took me pretty much 10mins to do, the hardest part is to do the bit around the Audi 4 ring.