s3 dump valve

exportste

Reaction score
hi all, this is my first post and i'm new so hi.
I've recently bought a dolphin grey s3 and i'm thinking of fitting a dump valve, i've found one which i like but i'm not sure what size inlet to get. theres an option of 20mm or 25mm,

here's a link to the said dump valve,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TurboSmart-Ko...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

anyone had one of these? good or bad? i like the way it replaces standard bosch item and can be turned off so only rec.

any info would be great thanks

Never seen one of these befoe, fitted a forge to mine and its been fine. Why not try a forge one?

hi all, this is my first post and i'm new so hi.
I've recently bought a dolphin grey s3 and i'm thinking of fitting a dump valve, i've found one which i like but i'm not sure what size inlet to get. theres an option of 20mm or 25mm,

here's a link to the said dump valve,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TurboSmart-Ko...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

anyone had one of these? good or bad? i like the way it replaces standard bosch item and can be turned off so only rec.

any info would be great thanks

i remember reading about these dv somewhere on http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/ and im pretty sure they said good things about them. if i find anymore info i post more specific link

i have heared about these turbosmart products before but not this dump valve defently worth a thought as an alternative to the forge splitR looks well put together maybe would have opted for this over the forge if it was available when i got my forge

i have the same one on my s3 and its great well made and it sounds great.

Overpriced cack! You don't need a dump valve, you need a diverter valve. If you dump the air that the ECU is expecting back in the system you'll get the thing confused! Get yourself a Forge 007P for half the price.

Overpriced cack! You don't need a dump valve, you need a diverter valve. If you dump the air that the ECU is expecting back in the system you'll get the thing confused! Get yourself a Forge 007P for half the price.

i want it to go whoooosh tho! :sob: but not at the expense of causing my ecu grief. will i get a bit of noise from a 007p?

You'll get the noise if you have a CIA or similar type of intake. My 007P was very loud (relocated to the cold side, firing into a 4" metal TIP with a BMC filter)

dump valves = Chav Tastic imo

a lad round here has fitted one to a fing diesel golf mk4, mind you it goes with the A8`s hes fitted

I have a Turbosmart Kompact without the dump side (recirc only),excellent quality and works a treat!

That ebay one seems a touch pricey though!

thanks for the reply's everyone. i know there is a bit of a chavvy thing about them but i supose i just want one because i've never had a turbo before, i can always turn it off once the novelty wears off. i may look into other dump valves including the 700p chris but still would like to know which size to get? 20mm or 25mm?

Thanks

hiya these dump valves can be used like any other diverter valve but have the added benefit of being able to make the excess boost vent to the air by tuning the DV. Turbosmart are welll renowned for the quality of its products and the eBay listing is below RRP

there is also a cheaper diverter valve which doesn't vent to air but back into the intake like the forge

i don't think you will find any bad review on any turbosmart products

thanks for the reply's everyone. i know there is a bit of a chavvy thing about them but i supose i just want one because i've never had a turbo before, i can always turn it off once the novelty wears off. i may look into other dump valves including the 700p chris but still would like to know which size to get? 20mm or 25mm?

Thanks

The 25mm will fit fine