Boost gauge

G's S3 silver 2001

Reaction score
I'm interested in fitting a nice boost gauge on my S3. Preferably I think it would look better on the side pillar and for the gauge to match the red illumination from the dials. I'd be greatful if anyone can recommend me of a place where I can get this mod done. I'm based in London so anywhere near would help. Thanks.

I bought this for mine and its a perfect fit:

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/showit.php?pnum=3029

I've fitted a boost guage, oil pressure and air/fuel ratio to mine but you can probably cut this down to size to have either a single or double pod. I done alot of research on these A-pillar guages and this is the only direct fit A3/S3 one i could find.

Thanx for the reply. Have u got any pics of this fitted on your car. And where can I get it fitted profesionally as I don't want to mess with the interior of the car myself.:greyrs4:

I dont have any pics at the moment, but i'll try and put some up for you.
Regards to fitting, i just got my mates to help out, i'm sure most in-car stereo shops will be able to help with the wiring and fitting on to the A-pillar, but you may need to go to a mechanic to sort the plumbing of the boost pipe for the gauge itself.

You could try 'The Phirm' as they're based in London somewhere i think. They'll probably manage the whole job!

What boost guage did you go for Yaz? It's about time I got one fitted so I've got some idea of what my turbo is doing!!

What boost guage did you go for Yaz? It's about time I got one fitted so I've got some idea of what my turbo is doing!!

I went for 'Autogauge' as i got them fairly cheap from someone I know, but I think you can get them from Halfords too!
They are pretty smart i think 'cos they have a smoked lens which you cant see the gauges unless they are on and they look fantastic at night!

Here's a link to the actual type of gauge i have, they're called 'SMOKE LENS GAUGE SERIES' :

http://www.autogauge.com.tw/web/pro...tID=2701SWL-BAR&CategoryID=1&CategorySubID=26

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.autogauge.com.tw/

To be fair they are only cheap gauges, but i dont think they look cheaply made or anything like that. If i'm not mistaken i think they are 'replicas' of Autometer gauges??

Cheers fella. How much did you pay for yours and did it come with a dash-mount pod?

Cheers fella. How much did you pay for yours and did it come with a dash-mount pod?

No probs pal, anytime. I think i paid about £20 or so for the oil pressure and boost gauge and i think about £25 for the air/fuel ratio gauge.

I bought them from Mike at Rudiemods in Chelmsford, Essex: http://www.rudiemods.com/default.aspx

as he's local to me i went to see him, but he does mail order and i believe its all free delivery at the moment!

I'd also like to see some pics of that Yaz is poss......

how do you stick the a pillar gauge pods in though?

they dont tell you though, they jsut show it attached! or am i been slack and missing something?

Bump !
Im after fitting a boost gauge and maybe a AFR gauge... pilar mounting seems to be the option. Firstly... ive looked time and time again...But other than the three gauge pod that Yaz mentions... still waiting for pictures of it in the car sir !
im having problems finding anything to mount them in, I think ive read somewhere that a seat leon pod isnt a million miles away from fitting or maybe a mk4 golf pod with a little modding?
Im not realy in a position to make a full blown custom pod at the moment as im in the middle of moving but ... surely somebody has found an option.

Next problem lol
i would also like the gauges to look like the dash does now colour wise... as in red dials and white needles, None have come up in any of the hours of searching...
what did others go for???
Im looking towards innovate at the moment

Opinions greatfuly recieved

Bump !

Next problem lol
i would also like the gauges to look like the dash does now colour wise... as in red dials and white needles, None have come up in any of the hours of searching...
what did others go for???
Im looking towards innovate at the moment

Opinions greatfuly recieved

do what s3 kev did...dismantle the guage and paint the back of the dial red leaving the middle bit white

I fitted mine in the drivers side vent but stealthed it in behind the front slats so it can't be seen looking through the window.

<tuffty/>

Ive only seen one lit up and it looked a bit "jap" ... not sure ive seen this one though

Bit pricey dont you think? at the end of the day its only a boost gauge but i spouse each to their own :shrug:

you get what you pay for.......it was only a suggestion.

do what s3 kev did...dismantle the guage and paint the back of the dial red leaving the middle bit white
indeed mate as i spent ages trying to source some oe looking gauges and this was the only way to make it happen, and the finnish is fantastic, check the linkin my previous post for my step by step guide

That side pod is not for me i'm afraid. I appreciate the effort but think it would look much neater in say the cubby hole in front of the gear stick or where the flip up compartment is

I think the idea is that the gauge or gauges... are where you can see them without taking your eye off the road .

Regarding cambus system... i think thats only on the newer shape Audis and VW such as the mk5 golf

In a word yes? So does that mean i can get an OE Audi Concert2 CD player to work in my car rather than the normal tape deck concert?

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm just so frustrated with tapes and the radio as the original purchaser deleted the CD changer option.

G