This could happen to you!

The police used his forum posts as character evidence?! What a crock!

he had a Honda type R, feel bad for him, its scary that something like that can happen :(

That will teach me for skim reading

God read it all, those old ******** are just evil man, my neighbour is just like them, evil old **** who I've never done a single thing to but he makes my life hell, hope they aswell as he rot in hell

But personally why plead guilty if it was truly accidental, strange but guess you weigh up pro's & cons of your choice, but then again never was one for car meets & tbh overtaking if you know the roads not exactly straight etc etc should of known better no???

1 year is nothing really against the life of pain & hell the biker is gonna have to deal with, there are arguments for & against but at least when he comes out it would teach him few things one would hope & also he has a normal life ahead of him, look at the biker & family!!!!

It is certainly something that could happen to each and everyone of us if we drive our cars anywhere near their potential. Pleading guilty seems a strange decision but was obviously done on legal advice, and he did what he thought was best which you can't knock him for.

I really don't know how forum comments could have been used against him by the Police though, unless they were comments about the alleged offence itself, but it doesn't seem that they were. Maybe they were used as bad character evidence by the CPS prosecutor, but even so comments like that taken out of context are surely worthless? Show what I know and where common sense fits into the justice procedure.

a bit of expansion on your comment would maybe help instead of just labelling the guy a tosser, could of happened to any of us & also the old people were IMHO talking ****** just cause they were ****** he overtook them & yes old people can be that resentful of younger generation to the point of lying cause they're so hard done by in life, I live next to one of them & he is a sinful evil old ******* aswell as his wife & me & my bro dont do a thing to them, so I can well believe what he's saying about them at least & the police if they were allowed to use a forum comments as evidence of his attitude to driving then we all should be in jail no??? I mean please they should spend time actually nicking people that actually are warranted & no not saying he wasnt at all but kinda pathetic that the CPS would drag his forum comments that can be so taken out of context, its just unreal, maybe he wasnt as guilty as they lead anyone else to believe, but as I've already said I feel for the bikers family, but again on the flip side how fast was the biker going again??? As I know few bikers & they're not exactly angels by a very long chalk & yes you can say it doesnt matter what speed, he would still have been fecked but as the adverts keep telling is 10mph slower makes all the difference huh.

As I wasnt or any of you wernt there its purely speculative I'd say, thats why you have to have an open mind overall to this kinda thing, both sides have to be considered, but overall the guy was an idiot I'll admit that for even contemplating overtaking even if he wasnt driving like a bat out of hell.

My uncle lost use of one arm just from ice on his bike years ago, its life unfortunately, we make bad decisions & I've made some myself that I regret & no doubt will do more, as I said thats life

He sums it up himself really when he talks about his fellow inmates and how everyone there believes they are innocent and have done nothing wrong (himself included)

At the end of the day he was driving on his limit and he lost control of his car causing a serious accident. Its his fault however unfortunate it may be, and regardless of whatever witness statements or character references were given in support if the case against him.

As you said 'that's life' unfortunatley. A good read and certainly makes you think, its just a shame he takes the "ive been stitched up" attitude in doing it

I got the link from a DC2 forum, and his friends that was following him said he was driving waaay too fast for any of them to keep up, and that a previous track session has meant his tyres and brakes we're not 100%. So whilst they felt sorry for him, he was the guilt party in this no matter what he says.

Then now we have the full story, he does seem like a tosser, as I've said all along he was an idiot to even attempt this on that road he openly said wasnt exactly straight, problem is for him now he'll no doubt get a civil suit against him which tbh seems justified, his insurance company will get hugely stung & I mean hugely if they accept liability of course, not sure of the legal standing of a claim for his dangerous driving now he's gone down.

Off topic slighty but i hate old codgers. I have one in my street too. When I was 21 (8 years ago) I bought a Mondeo ST24 and when i got it on my parents drive he was mowing his lawn. He comes over to have a look (He had a green mondeo too) He was rather envious of a young pup like me having V6 power! :rock: That day i popped out and bought some flashy number plates, you know the ones with a badge on the side and some sarky comment at the bottom? (I thought they were cool back then) so the day after i cleaned the car up and put my new plates on. I had the bonnet up and was messing about detailing the bay when he comes past with his dog and just said hello.

Later that day I had a visit from the plod saying that there had been a report made that I had a stolen car. The cop told me someone had seen me changing the VIN and plates and I was going to "sell it on!

I was raging as I knew exactly which old **** grassed me up. Nothing a bit of weed killer on his front lawn couldnt sort out though! :footy:

......and even as a Mondeo owner he didnt know the VIN was in the windscreen! :)

Rant about old folk over!

Couldnt agree more fella, some of them are just miserable old feckers who intentionally like to make trouble for no damn reason, oh well with luck our problems will go away quickly with natural human lifespans, lol

I was raging as I knew exactly which old **** grassed me up. Nothing a bit of weed killer on his front lawn couldnt sort out though! :footy:

......and even as a Mondeo owner he didnt know the VIN was in the windscreen! :)

Rant about old folk over!

lmao , nice one

Overall, he probably got what he deserved whether he was stitched up or not. The blog is defensive, and I appreciate that he is setting the record straight with a lot of honesty. However, I think pointing out the elderly driver's apparent dishonesty compounds the issue further. In most cases, when you overtake others on the road, the slower driver will be somewhat antagonised and this was reflected in the elderly man's statement; probably swelled further by the shock of seeing a seriously injured biker on the road minutes after being overtaken.

Still, a gripping read though.

I've read this before elsewhere but it just does show how easy evidence is fabricated by people. I was involved in an accident a long time ago where a child ran out across a 3 lane carriageway with a 50 limit on a green light. As I swerved to avoid him, since he hadnt looked at all during his crossing he just continued running and actually ran into my car with my wing mirror clipping him. There was a jogger, a pedistrian and someone else waiting to cross the road all telling the police it was not my fault (all independant witnesses at the scene too) but 2 teachers from the school he attends had heard of the accident from the kids friends who ran to the school and came out blaming me saying I was speeding and blablabla when I was actually doing 45 and the police said it was lucky I didnt just slam on the brakes or he wouldve gone under the car.

The teachers actually couldnt see the road from the school but they both announced they were at the scene when it happened as they had seen another colleague basically get told to ****** off by the police as he wasnt at the scene of the accident and was trying to indicate I was at fault.

Amazingly the insurance said it was 50/50 and said I was lucky to get that as most of the time they automatically side with the pedistrian! Now I know alot of you on here will automatically jump up shouting you should have had more control of the car or you should have been psychic and known the kid was coming but I felt I'd share my story over how easy it is for people to pretend to be at the scene of an accident. :meeting:

No I feel that instead of everyone quick to blame the driver they should get the facts 1st so I am not gonna blame you, pedestrians are kinda thick if they walk out straight in front of a car even if we're doing speed limits we get blamed or if we do 10 under the limits, gets on my tits when I hear drivers being blamed for this kinda thing when its clear it was the pedestrians fault for not looking where they were going