What Lamps

mikerd4

Reaction score
I have xenons so Im looking to try and get some whiter looking side lamps and fog lights (for when I do have them on). Can anyone tell me what lamp fitment they are? Are they the same as the S3 as I got some white leds for my old s3 and never fitted them so it would be a bonus.

Also does the A4 Avant have one or two fog lights? Sounds daft but when I had them on last week only one was on and I wasnt sure if I had one out but the check system isnt giving me a lamp fault warning.

Front fogs are H11 fitments and the sidelights are 501's. I can recommend THESE for the sidelights as they will match the xenons and shouldn't give a bulb out warning.

A4's have only one rear fog light so don't worry there.

Do a search on ebay for Polarg M6 bulbs. They are just like a normal sidelight bulb but the light they give out is a crisp white light. You will have to select Worldwide as they come from malaysia or somewhere like that.
I got sick of replacing LED sidelight bulbs as they keep blowing or start flickering after a few weeks or a month.

I put a set of these in my a3t and had the car over a year and sold it onto a mate, and the bulbs still havent blown yet. I have got the same bulbs in my A4 now, 3 months on and still fine.

The sidelight fitment is 501!

Quite correct, my apologies, typo error in my first post, it is 501.

The link for them I posted is the ones I have, they have been in nearly two years now and I have had no problems.

No idea on those sidelights in the top link, or what type "168" is ..... Why would you want 18w sidelights? Surely if you want bright sidelights you would just use dipped beams .......

The link I posted for the 501's from Ultraleds.co.uk are the best I have found for matching HID lights, and the only ones I personally have found which won't cause bulb failures with the DIS, my opinion is cheap unknown branded ones from ebay are more trouble than they are worth.

The H11's in the second link are the right size, just remember you get what you pay for!

Cool, I will order a set of the led types you posted and try my luck. I only posted those two as examples. If anyone can recommend where I can get some nice "white" H11 fitment lamps then please do. I dont drive with my foglights on but I am a bit anal for detail with all the lights matching

Lol funny you should post those, I will be buying Night Breakers for my front fogs in the next couple of weeks. Like you I don't use my fogs much, but would like them to match my HID's when I do!

Front fogs are H11 fitments and the sidelights are 501's. I can recommend THESE for the sidelights as they will match the xenons and shouldn't give a bulb out warning.

A4's have only one rear fog light so don't worry there.

If the Xenons are factory fit then the sidelight bulbs are H6W not 501.

These are what you need -
t-16460-311.jpeg

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h6w-philips-blue-vision-sidelights-pair-c-657-p-1-pr-16460.html

BUB :beerchug:

**** Ive just ordered 501 leds! Can anyone clear up the confusion lads?

Mines doesnt have xenons and the sidelights are 501 type and they are 5w versions. Sidelights maybe different type if xenons are fitted?

Mines doesnt have xenons and the sidelights are 501 type and they are 5w versions. Sidelights maybe different type if xenons are fitted?

There's an echo around here!! ;)

well Ive gone and ordered 20 quids worth of the wrong leds!

Sorry matey that is partly my fault for not reading your original post and assuming your lights would have the same bulbs as mine, all advice was given in good faith though :sorry:

so the side light bulbs are a fiver from halfords? what about the fog lights?