99 A3 Wheels question

YesEvil

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help.

When i bought my Audi it had some nice 18" VW alloys on it, I also got the original A3 alloys as part of the deal when I bought the car.
I recently took the 18's off and put the original 15's on as the 18's where seriously adding to the fuel bill. The only problem now is that whereas I like the 15's they dont quite give the car the mean look that it had with the 18's.

As a compromise im looking at putting on some 16's with spacers to give the car a meaner look again.

Wondering if anyone can tell me what the PCD of a 1999 A3 is and also what will be the best size of 16" rim to get and what spec of spacer i need to look for.

Thanks in advance
YesEvil

a3.jpg
pcd 5x100 et35 mine with standard 16"s which i'm about to upgrade to 17" or 18"s

Looks good, i have sneaking suspicion that mine was lowered slightly (it was owned by an audi mechanic before i had it and he has a thing for "pimping" rides shall we say.

Do you know anywhere on line where i can pick up some 16's cheapish?

i picked these ones up on ebay for £100 then fitted 2 new tyres so has 2 new and 2 newish, theny'll be back on ebay v soon LOL after i get my rs6's sorted

Yeah i've seen some nice 10 and 9 spoke alloys on ebay, need to sell my 18's first though!!

Will any 5 stud Audi wheels fit my 1999 A3, and does it matter if i get 5x100 or 5x112 pcd?

Yeah i've seen some nice 10 and 9 spoke alloys on ebay, need to sell my 18's first though!!

Will any 5 stud Audi wheels fit my 1999 A3, and does it matter if i get 5x100 or 5x112 pcd?

You need to get 5 x 100pcd for a 99 A3, offset should be ET35.

What do you mean about the fuel going up on your 18's?. I recently fitted 18's to mine and its not made any difference. The overall diameter etc was the same as the old set up so its no faster, slower or less economical.

i think it 5x100 straight fir, and 5x112 would need adapt to fit. much you selling 18's for? should advertise them on here in classified section see if anyone interested plus its free! what style are they? tyre condition wheel condition may be interested myself lol:eyebrows:

Maybe im imagining it, but i seem to get more miles to the tank since i switched to the 15's, maybe something to do with the weight.

Maybe im imagining it, but i seem to get more miles to the tank since i switched to the 15's, maybe something to do with the weight.

Random, I've not noticed anything since going to 18's on mine :confused:

Maybe the engine was struggling with the extra weight in mine, as mine is only a lowly 1.6.
Am hoping to upgrade to a TDi sometime soon, but in the meantime i wanna play about with this one and get it looking good.

:think:about your 18s what style are they? tyre condition wheel condition may be interested myself how much you looking for lol

Evilbow - Below is a pic of my 18's, at the min its the only pic ive got. If your interested let me know and i'll send you some more pics as there is some kerbing damage on a couple of them. If you fancy them make me an offer, i have a figure in mind but am open to offers :p

Photo025.jpg
Photo025.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=2220708&id=716058293 (sorry can only figure out how to send it as a link from my facebook profile, if you cant access it, send me a message with your email and i'll email some pics over for you)

Peace
Yesevil
Photo025.jpg
Photo025.jpg