which mobile phones work best with bluetooth in car?

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a new phone, and I would really like to get one that doesnt make the bluetooth in the car sound like a dalek when some one rings!

Just wondering if people could post up what phone they have and how it reacts with the bluetooth.

I understand some peoples phones actually ring with their own ringtone through the bluetooth etc

Also is the annoying bong connection down to style of phone or is it just the way it is.........:)

cheers in advance...

ATTENTION MODS:

How about a sticky listing what BlueTooth phones are supported for the A3 based on real user experience.

I'm thinking we could list phones tried and tested and categorise them as follows

Unsupported
Supported with 3rd party software add on (detail software required)
Patial support (detail what does not work)
Full native support

I'll start,

Nokia 6500 Slide = Full Native support
Nokie N73 - Partial Support (Nokia Connection Manager)

You mean this list?

This list of phones has been tested in the EU & US with an EU or US RNS-E . Your results may vary due to firmware issues with the phones etc.

So far paired and Hands free profiles with GSM commands for phone book, Missed/dialed/received calls etc

Apple Iphone
Apple Iphone 3G
SE 510i
SE K550i
SE K608i
SE K610i
SE K700i
SE K750i
SE K800i
SE K850i (requires FW version R1EA031 for received/missed calls list fix)
SE S700i
SE W800i
SE T68
SE Z540
SE P990i (Symbian, but works)
Sony-Ericsson P1i
Nokia 6021
Nokia 6111
Nokia 6230
Nokia 6230i
Nokia 6233
Nokia 6234
Nokia 6280
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6500 Slide
Nokia 6800
Nokia 6822
Nokia 8800
Nokia 8801
Nokia E51 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
Nokia E65 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
Nokia E90 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
Nokia N73 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
Nokia N95 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
Nokia N95 8Gb (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
Nokia N96
Nokia 5800 Music express
Motorola Razor V3
Motorola Razor V3i
Motorola L6
Motorola SLVR L7
Motorola V550
Motorola V600 (in BT mode)
Motorola Z6
Motorola V8 (new)
Orange SPV M600
O2 XDA mini S
Siemens S65
I-Mate K-Jam (firmware dependant)
Samsung P300
Samsung A900 (firmware YL10)
Samsung D880
Samsung SGHG600
Samsung U900
Cingular 2125 Smartphone (HTC Faraday) (Orange C600?)
MDA Vario
Treo 650 (firmware dependant)
Treo 700wx
Blackberry 8700c
Blackberry 8100g (Pearl UK O2)
HTC TyTN II
HTC P3300 with WM6

Phones that worked, with Hands free, but not the GSM commands (PDA phones mainly)

SE P910i
Nokia 3233
Nokia 7710
For all Nokia E & N series you need revision Q of the phone module or better
Nokia N70
Nokia N80 very poor does not keep connection with bluetooth consistantly
Nokia N91
Nokia Ngage
Nokia 6620
Nokia 6682
Samsung D500
Samsung D600
Samsung i730
Motorola MPX220
Motorola Z8 (symbian)
Qtek 2020i - Flakey
Sprint Audiovox PPC6600
LG Chocolate
LG Viewty (very poor does not keep connection with bluetooth consistantly)

Phones that found the Interface ,but no pairing at all:

T-Mobile MDA II
O² XDA II

Yes thats the sort of thing. Just in english ....... :)

The main issue i wish to know is what phones ring the same through bluetooth as they do throught he phone.

I know this is petty , but hey everytime my phone rings it scares the ***** out of me!:haha:

I've got the Google G1 phone (HTC) and it works spot on with my bluetooth fitted on the S3. Very clear the only problem I find is when 70-80mph+ on motorway the microphone isnt very loud so find myself slowing down so the person on the other end can hear me better, but apart from that its spot on. The ring tone can scare ya though tis a standard "ring ring" but very loud lol. Hope thats helpful?

I've got the Google G1 phone (HTC) and it works spot on with my bluetooth fitted on the S3. Very clear the only problem I find is when 70-80mph+ on motorway the microphone isnt very loud so find myself slowing down so the person on the other end can hear me better, but apart from that its spot on. The ring tone can scare ya though tis a standard "ring ring" but very loud lol. Hope thats helpful?

yup thats great !

standard ring ring is a lot better that my dalek!

Is bluetooth standard in most S3's does someone know? i.e. with the Satelite Navigation Plus? Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread - I just dont have the car or manual yet so just being a bit impatient!
Cheers

Always an optional extra as far as I know & no, it doesn't come with the navi plus package.

Interesting, I thought that my N73 wouldn't work with the car's BT

That's weird because when I went to look at the S3 I am buying shortly the dealer said you can just bluetooth your IPhone to the car - what in the car would enable this? Some aftermarket Parrot kit?

That's weird because when I went to look at the S3 I am buying shortly the dealer said you can just bluetooth your IPhone to the car - what in the car would enable this? Some aftermarket Parrot kit?

I would hazard a guess that most S3s were ordered with the mobile phone prep. It wasn't standard on any model but if someone is spending £27k+ on a car £385 for BT isn't a huge amount.

Obviously this particular car has that option.

I would hazard a guess that most S3s were ordered with the mobile phone prep. It wasn't standard on any model but if someone is spending £27k+ on a car £385 for BT isn't a huge amount.

Obviously this particular car has that option.

Ah ok, the advert for the car I'm getting says 'GSM mobile telephone prep' so sounds like it's got it! Sorry I'm really asking some thicko questions! cheers for your help all.:thumbsup:

ATTENTION MODS:

How about a sticky listing what BlueTooth phones are supported for the A3 based on real user experience.

I'm trying to keep the sticky threads short but sweet mate so it's better if you know of a useful thread as this one is turning out to be then please post a link in the FAQs thread in a similar format to those posted by Benskin i.e. a short but informative title and then the link to the thread.

If not this thread then create a new one by all means and in your thread intro let everyone know you would like it to become a thread you link into the FAQs page and then others should keep their answers short and to the point.

Love your commander in chief sig pic Leon, lol, spot on man

We switch between various Audis and Nokia 6300 and 6500 work perfectly.:sob:

I tested my iPhone 3G on a TT (was the only car the dealer had at the time with Nav) and it worked fine. As much as you can tell in a 30 second phone call with the other person standing outside a couple of metres away.

My boss has an A4 Avant with bluetooth and her iPhone works really well. It's unbelievably easy to pair up. All you have to do is switch the iPhone on to bluetooth and the car picks up it up within a few seconds, punch in the access code on the car (IIRC it is 1234) and you're all done.

Big ups for technology. :icon_thumright:

I have a S3 with bluetooth phone, and a nokia N95 i can make phone calls no problems but i cant get the phonebook to load for some reason? so do i need to change the phone?

But i have been told if i go on to Nokia and down load one of these it will work? has anybody tried this?

http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,42796,00.html

I've been told that the N95 works perfectly fine if you use the download.

I dont have this phone though so cannot comfirm this.

I'd like to know if there are any issues with the pairing of the N96. I've been told that it does not pair with the Audi bluetooth properly and there are issues.

But S8craigs list above has it down as pairing ok.

Can anyone confirm if the N96 works ok?

Does anyone have one personally?

I'm about to get a new phone - within the next week or so, so would like to know before I take the plunge between the iPhone and the N96.

Thanks

I've actually been in store yesterday to look at a N96 - wont be getting one now - they are way to plasticky for my liking. Felt cheap.

which download do youn have to use for the N95 because i have tried one of the downloads and when i click inside the car it just says processing for ages???

which download do you have to use for the N95 because i have downloaded one at it just says processing for ages once you select it from inside the car??

The nokia 810 contacts download manager works, but it also depends on your phone firmware and the phone ECU module SW and revision in your car.

do you no how long it takes to download and does anything come up on the car menu saying phone book downloading? i mite not be leaving it long enough

thx

It depends how many contacts you have, my 200 or so used to take about 2 mins. As far as I know it just says "please wait" in the DIS and if it fails it says "no entries"

So you have no indication until the phone bleeps and says transfer complete.