Audi Concert Aux in?

FL1X

Reaction score
Afternoon,

i have the Audi Concert head unit in my car (looks like this)

autoradio-audi-concert.jpg

I would like to add a Ipod/Aux in connector to my car is this possible?
I have heard about some device that mimics a CD changer and provides a Aux in but i wasnt sure if it was compatible with my stero as i cannot find a CD changer button.

I did a quick search but couldnt find anything specific so sorry if this is a repost.

Thanks

Paul

Looks like I have the same stereo as you and I recently added this iPod adapter which works pretty well although I can't seem to choose albums via the stereo which you are supposed to be able to do. The iPod remains usable so you can change albums via the iPod.

http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/audi-...rface-adaptor-ctaadipod003-964883-314020-.php

They also do a cheaper AUX in too if you'd prefer that.

Double check your stereo compatibility with them before u order anything tho.

Afternoon,

...I have heard about some device that mimics a CD changer and provides a Aux in but i wasnt sure if it was compatible with my stero as i cannot find a CD changer button....

Thanks

Paul

CD Changer is activated by pressing CD twice. If the CD changer is connected the Display will say 'CDC' and the CD number, before track number and time.

I looked at getting an Connects2 Aux in for my Mp3 player but it replaces the CD changer connection on back of HU, which I don't want as I useless at remembering to pick up my player in a morning. I prefer to have CDs on hand in the changer for when radio is rubbish.

My ipod is a Iphone and a Itouch which is lying around spare, i wouldnt mind a Ipod connection for chargin the phone/touch if i can have the touch in the glove box at all times on charge then i may fill it to the top with music and just have 5 playlsts one of each genre so to speak.

The aux in would be my prefered method as its universal, if i can get a aux in into the glove box then i would be a rather happy bunny or even beter just a aux cable up to the right of the sterring wheel by the windshield as i can mount the phone there and use it as a satnav etc etc (when tom tom release it after OS 3)

Just thoughts to be honest.

Thanks for the pointers i will look into it

Paul

right this is what the head unit looks like, i also tried pressing CD twice and nothing happened.

photo-3.jpg

Sorry if its stupidly big i just uploaded it from my phone.

Paul

heh great, I thought my stereo was a plain concert not the concert II so thanks for the pics and posts :)

I was also looking at a 100+ denison connector.. So I may consider this instead!

Looks like I have the same stereo as you and I recently added this iPod adapter which works pretty well although I can't seem to choose albums via the stereo which you are supposed to be able to do.

I realised today that the CD+ and CD- buttons on the headunit change the iPod playlist and not the album from the albums list on the iPod :blush:

what apple device is the best to use nano,classic,ipod

Seems to work fine with my 2nd gen Nano and my iphone.

Some of the newer ipods dont charge when you plug them into the cable but you can buy some other device to enable this

Reactions: Tezgreig
Just to help you guys out: All you Audi A4 B7 with Concert 2 stereo's! :) I have the answer to switching to CD changer on your stereo if you haven't yet worked it out for yourself. As I needed this for my 56 plate A4 with the Concert 2 stereo for the AUX in adapter for my iPhone and iPod: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MP3-iPod-DVD-A...item3cb27874a8 All you need to do is hold down the 'CD' button before turning on the stereo Hope this helps a few frustrated people as I know it made me happy once I worked it out! Antz

Hi I have the same audi concert stereo as posted above and just got a dension 100 for it.. I held down cd before turning on and it said 'no cdc' how do I get the dension to work?

Did u make it work? Hoooow? This is driving me crazy, trying to install an aux-in over the cdchanger but it just says no cdc and the radio playing in the background.

/ Richard

Hi I have the same audi concert stereo as posted above and just got a dension 100 for it.. I held down cd before turning on and it said 'no cdc' how do I get the dension to work?

Hi guys and gals here is my question. Have already got Bluetooth device connected to my Audi concert a4. Want to make sure before I buy one of the cd changers aux input that Bluetooth won't be affected. my Bluetooth plays through speakers and cuts out radio.

Is it an audi BT system or aftermarket.

Shouldnt be an issue but of course depends how things have & will be connected up, but if the BT is audi, then shouldnt be an issue & aftermarket, unless has some obscure wiring, should also be fine, but subject to removing radio & checking whats in the rear :)

hey guys while on this subject.of above cd player.......ive got hold of a glovebox cd changer.......will it connect to the back of this unit? the changer is from a 2003 a4........just got order the cable from changer to headunit but before i do thort id ask.