My New S5 Wheels

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
015.jpg

016.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

18s but for some strange reason they seem much bigger than my old 18" RS4 wheels. I think because the colour is lighter and contrasts better against the black paint. It's the only reason I can think of.

They look big for 18s - my 18" RS4s seem small to me too!

Very nice though mate - watch out or the kerbs and keep your keys away from all lady drivers :p

I cracked one of my RS4s on a pothole so that was the cue to get these. I was getting bored of the RS4 things and these fitted the bill. I really like them.

'Mon the Gers,

Great choice :rock:. I was only looking at them on another 3 last night, as I found a thread (by Staz) where a guy from S.A. had fitted them.

Definate thumbs up from me as I think they look pretty OEM and similar to pre-facelift S3 - obviously less spokes - if you squint.

We don't have 18in S5 wheels in the UK... far too small.

Unless you search for S5 alloys on Fleabay! (link too long) Albeit reps.

And far too small, compared to what 19"? On an A3?

If you are going to say something, try giving it some meaning please.

Yep, they look plenty good and plenty big enough, nice! :o.k:

KatieKatie, shut your cakehole, not so long ago you were defending the same size wheels on your much bigger car...assuming that is you actually exist :search:

I think these are by far the best looking wheels for the A3 / S3. (Yes! even better looking than my OZ Palladios!)

Where did you get them and how much? What is the offset on these? Do you think it has room to clear huge 6 pot calipers? Do you also know how much they weight?

Ahhh I miss Turkey. Nice wheels mate, hope they treated you good =)

From memory i think the reason he didnt go for 19s are the roads there are shocking! looks good though!

Yeah 19''s are impossible on these roads. I look at some pictures of A3s with 19''s and they just seem a wee bit big for the car. Just not my taste. Couple that with practicality and it's a no no for me. I like 19''s on things like the BMW M-Sport 3 Series but not on an A3.

I think these are by far the best looking wheels for the A3 / S3. (Yes! even better looking than my OZ Palladios!)

Where did you get them and how much? What is the offset on these? Do you think it has room to clear huge 6 pot calipers? Do you also know how much they weight?

I will check the weight. I don't think you'll get 6 pot calipers behind them as there is little clearance as it is. Will check. I live and work in Turkey so they were purchased in-country.

Yeah I'm surprised they look pretty good, I think its the 19's that look out of place on the 8P, to big & spokes are to thin for the profile of the 8P, thats why I always think the older RS6 style are best for the 8P, only IMHO of course

19's look good on the 8p but I wouldn't have them, mainly because it already rides like it's on rocks with the 18s on. Plus, my girlie drives the car as well. And, the main road I use to get home is shocking - I zigzag for about 3 miles, anyone following me would think I had a liquid lunch and 1 or 3 for the road :beerchug: