HELP!!?? Cruise control retrofit steering wheel module part number???

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to order my retrofit kit for cruise control kit but not sure if I need the cheap £60 one or the expensive £140 one....

I know it depends on steering wheel control module part number but I'm not sure how to find that?

Can I PM someone my Reg or Vin if they can find it out?

Thanks
Joe

I think your best contacting Audi parts direct. Try Dave at Stoke Audi, very helpful and you'll get 10% discount if you mention the forum. Also search under 'Cruise Control' as there is a wealth of knowledge on here. A question you may need to answer first is, do you have multi function steering wheel because if you haven't you may need a new steering wheel control module

Part number for my steering wheel control module is:
8P0 953 549

According to Audi that means I should have a MF steering wheel.

Can I add that?

Thanks
Joe

Its also the last character thats important too, ie

8P0 953 549 F

will work for cruise & multifunction steering wheel

Yes the last letter is very important as I have learned.

The part listed for the stalk for my car is 8P0 953 513 F 9B9 and in my opinion its the wrong part as my main beam doesn't work properly.

Igdos has very kindly given me his chasis no. (as he already has cruise) and I've phoned Audi and his part number is 8P0 953 513 D 9B9.

Now the very helpful parts guys at Shrewsbury Audi have confirmed that the D model goes up to 06/08 (if I remember rightly) and my car was built in 06/08. They phoned Audi tech and mine could have slipped through on a D even though its listed on their parts system as an F.:think:

At first they said it was a coding issue but I can't find anything on VDS which codes the lights! Anyone know any different?