on with the my brake upgrade

emery1990

Reaction score
ive recently bought these carriers from an s3. Are these carriers the pads and disks all i needs to finish off my upgrade.

got em for 100 quid in the end.

GetAttachment.aspx

i did mine and found all you need is carriers and disks pads are the same

kushd. did you do it yourself, ive been quoted £75 quid to fit it, hour and half.

Unless your compitent enough to bleed them then id pay to get them done, seems a good price.

no need to disconect the brake lines so no bleeding needed

anyone know where to get the 312 black diamonds discs off the shelf, near in hampshire?

what so will i need s3 pads then. buying ferrado pads tomorow

part numbers are the same for qts and s3 on the ferrado pads

sweeet..cheeers everyone! cant wait to swap them, there so crap.

Yeah defo!..i wanna do mine next to mate.let us know how they are and get some pics up please mate of before and after if you can dude

will do mate..to be honest though i rekon the pads are close to gone, reason being crap..my dads caddy van has better brakes than me.! probally be early august..gotta wait one more week for money then order the discs!

yeah the brakes are defo crap,you would think they would be good looking at the size of them!..lol

yer and being just 50kg lighter than an s3 to.! well the tqs are..so mine are worse than yours lol

update!

Got my ferodo pads the other day.

looking on ebay for the black diamond discs and came across some stating for a seat leon.

Would these be ok for my car, im guessing they are 312mm standard in a seat leon fr. they going at £135 rather than £180 .

right, just bought my discs just then, should have them fitted on by end of next week!. ill post up some pictures.

there sitting in my front room atm lol got to contact my mechanic to see when hes avaiable. but they look mahoosive, will feel so much better to drive with them!

youve got it marky boy, they dont have to be s3 thow you can also use skoda vrs, i think the anny spec golfs had 312mm aswell also the tt, i would like to go that little bit bigger and get the r32 brakes on mine when funds aloud it

Kos ive got hopefully 70 years left and dont trust myself lol! hes only charging £40 anyway. And yes marky. callipers cost me £100 then i bought some audi tt discs, as long as there vag and 312mm therell be ok. i was thinking of going big brakes, but not planning on any serious speed untill like 3 years time, so i dont see a point in having brembos on a 180bhp car imo. plus funds dont allow is more the reason!.

So the carriers you need are from the S3,TT,Seat Cupra R & the Skoda RS?

definately the s3 and tt, and the others must be the same, but when i was asking about mine, i was told s3/tt, should be a worthwhile upgrade. isnt too dear really.

dont even consider audi!.. they said to me, there not cheap mate, they was £150 each, best bet is ebay, i found 4 sellers, just otff them about £90.

Ill get a pic of the brake kit im using in a sec, discs carriers and pads, and before pics on my car to see the size difference :D

Emery is this like a drum roll before the grand entrance as if it is the drummer is dying of old age!

Ill go fit them now hang on... ive only had the discs a few days

Just leave an address for us to check if we dont hear from you... :)