Time for the S3 to go :'(

S3 HODGE

Brown passenger seat.
Reaction score
Hi all, My S3's going up for sale as i was made redundant about a month ago and dont have the money to run it anymore :sob:. Id expect my next car will be VAG, Most properly an Audi TDi of some sort.
Thanks for all the help and info. Will stay tuned into AS as like i said my next car will hopefully be an Audi Diesel.
So the cars up for grabs in the classifields if anyones after a mint S3.

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

Thanks
Adam.

Thanks Westle....Debating whether to stick it on Ebay or Autotrader? Which ones better do you recon? Put off by Ebay because of what happend to Mark/Stacie when selling her A3. But surely more views on Ebay? :ermm:

Stick it on Piston Heads and Autotrader...stay away from Egay.

Can you not sorn it, cash in the tax and tuck it away for a couple of months till you get back on your feet?.

T

Sad to hear that dude. All the best with the sale.
Looks like an aweosme example.

I'd put it on autotrader and pistonheads too !!

Never find myself looking on e-bay for a car, I always suspect foul play...

Car does look really nice, sorry to hear you've lost ya job and in turn lose your motor,

Good luck with the sale...

Last edited:
Stick it on Piston Heads and Autotrader...stay away from Egay.

Can you not sorn it, cash in the tax and tuck it away for a couple of months till you get back on your feet?.

T

Thanks for the advice...Its uploading on pistonheads as we speak :). I could do but it was an apprentiship (Was getting paid quite well) and i still do college so i got to somehow find a job that works around my college days which I cant see happening...Ive aplyed for a few jobs around so ill have to see what happens but untill then its up for sale. Plus im only just 19 and insureing it isnt one of the positives which needs doing at the end of January :(

Sorry to hear the bad news bud, very nice example of a well looked aftered noggy, at the right price that should go, good luck:thumbsup:

A mk4 tdi Annivesary would be a nice p/x:yes:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the bad news bud, very nice example of a well looked aftered noggy, at the right price that should go, good luck:thumbsup:

Looking for £8995 :meeting: (Sorry mods if im not allowed to say that?) ...Sounds a lil steep for the current climate but im in no desperate need to sell like Tom said if worst comes to worst ill just SORN it and it will sit in the garage.

Gutted for you mate, car looks mint, hope all goes well and you get another job, bar that hope you get good money for a nice example of an S3.

Ebay for coverage, make sure you set buyer requirements and a reserve. You can always pull the ad if someone offers you what you want cash etc.

We are going to claim the fees back, and chalk it up to experience. Ebay seems to have turned to crap lately imo. Too many dishonest people

Good luck with the sale bud, and a free bump !!

Thanks Mark. Yea i think if someone comits to buy and doesnt pick it up you can relist for free? I think i will try it on there but i will have to set a reserve and hope for the best :)

good luck with the sale mate....to be fair i have just sold the misus Mini, had nothing from autotrader over 6 weeks, pistonheads came up with 2 possibles and ebay came up with loads of potentials...ended up selling to someone on the bay (via private message)...... it isnt the best time to sell, january is the rush you need to aim for, personally I would put it on piston heads for now and maybe desperate seller (which costs £30 until the cars sold to place on 100 top websites)...then make an adjustment in jan if not sold to ensure its top of the search register....

auto trader in nov and dec is a waste of cash IMO

good luck matey and sorry to see it/you go

Tim

No way Tim! Swear she only just bought it aswell? Yea thanks for advide, I may stick it on the bay tonight and see what interest it gets...If not like you said i will have to try in January....
Will have to hit me up on the xbox sometime Tim. :)

will do mate, just got mine back from microsoft, then replaced it with a new jasper model so no more RROD for me ;) cya on new COD @ xmas :p

Yeah, ebay is only £12 if you put a reserve on it..... you will get traders offering bottom book but just stick it on a 10 dayer and see what it gets....i still think ebay gets more hits than the likes of Atrader based on recent experience

and it was the Mini One i was selling....dealer wanted to give us 5k (trade) and i managed £5750 in the end just to be rid of it...... all in all didn't wana drop below 6k as most were selling for 6500 + with far less spec and condition, price you pay for not wanting to wait :)

Yea i will be on COD around christmas time also :eyebrows:. Thanks for the info. Ebay it is tonight then. then hopefully someone will pick it up the weekend it finshes on ;)....If they decide they want it lol.

only tip id give you is put as much info up as poss mate, i even took a pic of every wheel to show the immaculate cond.... worth the effort as it seperates it from the crowd

do have a loook at desperate seller though, it feeds into fish for cars and lots of top sites for the small fee

Yea i got a shed loads of photos of it on my computer i took not long back....I will check it out thanks.

Lovely car, good luck with the sale :)

i wouldnt bother with ebay. I certainly wouldnt buy from there. Sorry to hear your loss. Ive always liked your car. You could sell some of the extras to start with?

Looks like a nice example, I would love to upgrade to a nice 03 model but I don't have the money :ermm:

I wouldn't discount ebay. Last year my dad tried for 6 months to sell his S3, Autotrader, Pistonheads and what not brought no interest. Decided to stick it on ebay and it went in four days.

I wouldn't sell through ebay due to the costs but I would use it to advertise and then pull the listing when its sold :eyebrows:

Just sold my Seat LCR and they were advertised on Autotrader and Pistonheads, sold in just under 2 weeks, never had so many calls about a car i was selling before.

Wow, cheers for the comments guys....I will have a think which will be best website to sell on but untill then I have nothing to do tomorrow so the S3 will see a good detail i think :)

I've always been sceptical about selling a car on eBay as it's just a disaster waiting to happen. But I sold my R32 in under a week last November (at the height of recession scare-mongering) when I stuck it up on eBay.

The important thing to remember is to put it as a classified ad and NOT as an auction or Buy it Now, that way you're still getting a lot of people looking at it, but they can't mess it up by placing bids or clicking buy it now before asking questions. Also only cost me £12 for a 30 day ad.

I've never had any trouble with AutoTrader but PistonHeads seem a bit hit and miss.

Thanks Golf, thats the way i see Ebay. Its been on pistonheads since thismorning and ive already had someone who wants to straght swap it for there "Moddified Mark 4 golf".....Awfull to say the least but just reminded me that pistonheads is a waste of time....but its free ehh? :)

Yes as a classified ad eBay should be fine. Its the auctions i'd stay clear of! Modern electronic version of a dodgy town market!

i wouldnt bother with ebay. I certainly wouldnt buy from there. Sorry to hear your loss. Ive always liked your car. You could sell some of the extras to start with?

Yea i was thinking myself that maybe i should at least change the wheels back to some more OEM ones because I know there not to everyones taste but ill try as it is and if not i will take a few bits and bobs of it. But as stupid as it sounds i think i may get more for it as it is now with the parts already on it as it would save someone alot if they were planing on buying one then tuning it themselfs?

Yep thats what i meant! Although, it wouldn't be the same without the mods!

I think i will hold on to the mods because i would only buy them again if i managed to find a way after keeping it haha.
I will clean the S3 right up tomorrow and get loads of pictures and stick it on Ebay...See what happens.:whip:

Good luck with it.

It was abit like that with my M3 but i knew i'd still get something decent. Was very sad to see it drive away!

Sorry to hear about this Adam,hope the car sells and you get back on your feet.

Looking for £8995 (Sorry mods if im not allowed to say that?)

you are allowed as you need a helping hand at the moment but if anyone quotes this they will be flamed ;)

Yea I will be ok in July but untill then im going to be a cheapskate.
Lol cheers Jase :laugh:

whoever feasts their eyes on that is going to want it!!!!

Golf, that classified Ebay tip is a good idea.I think that's what we will do next time around, once i have got the listing fees back from the non paying bidder.

Golf, that classified Ebay tip is a good idea.I think that's what we will do next time around, once i have got the listing fees back from the non paying bidder.

Its what i did with my last motorbike and i managed to add "make me an offer" and i had alot of interest. Good thinking...

im not so sure...... i sold via the non classified ebay route..... if your sensible and manage it, you should have no probs..... place in the ad 'you are bidding to purchase NOT test drive' and 'Please mail me if you have less than ? feedback or your bid will be removed' you'll be fine :)

the claims process is simple, you may be out of pocket for the fees for couple weeks but that will get resolved through the process