£150 Halfords vouchers; What to get?

Mo-S3

Reaction score
As per title; What waxes and cleaners chould i get or could i get from halfords with these vouchers to use on pearl black car?

id be tempted to buy a sat nav, flog it on ebay, and use the cash at polished bliss' site.Youre limited to turtle wax and autoglym at halfords.

What about the Meguiers stuff? non of it any good? Heard good stuff about it. Okay its not the top end of the market but still....?

it is good but 150 will get you a good kit plus a few more goodies,polished bliss is katy perry and halfords is amy winehouse.

some of the meguiers stuff is ok, i use their shampoo plus and sheep mit, but the range is limited, and they dont have the shampoo...so only the mitt which you can get anywhere.The choice at polished is much better, treatments waxes sealants grit buckets etc.Check their guide for dark pearl.If youre going to detail your car, then the effort is well rewarded with good stuff.Nice comparison v!!!

What about the Meguiers stuff? non of it any good? Heard good stuff about it. Okay its not the top end of the market but still....?

It is good stuff Mate, my advice would be to get plenty of the meguires cloths, Brushes, Clay kit, nxt speed detailer, Terry towels, maybe some nxt Shampoo and some wax aplicator pads. Then get a decent couple of pollishes from pollished bliss and a good wax (have a read of the stickies) Expensive old game and its very addictive. Got myself a G220 In may and I'm finding myself using it on everything!!!

Ps, Halfords is allways 3 for 2 so with £150 you might want to bring a van!:)

Last edited:
yeah I know mate! MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN MUST BE CLEAN!

too late.im hooked.Dont want to drive it after ive cleaned it.If i could drive it into my bedroom i would.:wacko:

I'd go for a load of shampoo, microfibres, applicators etc etc. Clay kit would be worth having, pot of AutoGlym HD wax would take up £40 of it too.

Just get loads of supplies, new buckets, mitts, brushes etc too.

T

jojo, how could i have missed that one??!!Too busy thinking about waxing the dolphin, i mean car!! :haha:

cheers, already got the clay kit, will get some basics essentials and then some quality stuff from bliss

I recently spent a fortune on cleaning products in halfords.

I spent around £100.00 and because of the 3 for 2 saved about £50.00 in total, brilliant.

I bought about 12 foam applicator pads, 3 Full claying kit packs, 2x NXT car wax, 3 x Megiars Gold glass car shampoo, 1 x NXT car shampoo, Megiars Interior Leather cleaner, 2x Scratch X, Megiars Metal Polish,Terry Towels, A load of microfibre cloths, New buckets, Interior Dash board spray cleaners,Lambswool mitts Polishes and a s***load more.

Some good stuff to be honest you dont need to spend silly money on over expensive shampoos and cleaners.

Although i did also buy some stuff from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk such as aerospace 303, Poor boys wheel sealent, PlastX, Poorboys waxes and various sealents.Some damn good stuff.Microfibre cloths and lambswool mitts

I have a shed full of stuff,most of which i cant be ***** to use.