«New» car, but missing some extras

dakota558

Reaction score
Just bought a 2018 A3 e-tron, and I’m already looking at optional extras to retrofit. As optional extras for Audis in Norway is quite expensive (according to the dealer), it does miss some nice to have items.
It did come LED lights, adaptive CC, rear park sensors (but no camera) and high beam assist.

So what I have looking at so far is the following:
LED matrix: Appears to be possible, but a bit to expensive at the moment.

Upgrade the park assist with rear camera and front sensors: Looks doable and might look into it in the future.

Upgrade the MMI: This is what I’m most interested in doing. As I said previously, it only comes with the standard unit without navi and carplay, and the SD display. But there is a SIM card there somewhere. (Had to talk to Audi support today to get the myaudi app to work and they had to reactivate the sim card).
Apple carplay seems to require the updated display and components, or is it possible with the SD display? I have looked the non-oem units, but appears the sound quality is not the best. (My car does have a USB connector, but it says charge only).
For navigation (which would be the second best option if retrofitting carplay proves to difficult and/or expensive), I have read here that the uk models already comes with the required parts as standard (gps antenna, etc.), but it needs to be activated. Is there a way to figure out if that is the case for my car?

The easiest would probably be to buy a car with all that included, but with an acceptable milage and price, this is what I ended up with. Plus, I got really good deal for my previous car.

I appreciate any feedback from you!

After some more research, I see that I need to upgrade to MIB2 to get carplay. I will look into that at a later date. So guess my only remaining question is if I’m able to get navigation activated somehow.