‘In production’ - how long

Klin 42

Reaction score
I was told 4 weeks ago by my leasing company that the dealer had informed them that my car (35 TFSI) was ‘in production’ Does anyone have recent experience of how much longer this might be in the current climate of chip and wiring harness shortages?

I was told 4 weeks ago by my leasing company that the dealer had informed them that my car (35 TFSI) was ‘in production’ Does anyone have recent experience of how much longer this might be in the current climate of chip and wiring harness shortages?
Mine was delivered 3 weeks after going into production, delivered 1st March 2022, so won't be long now I'm guessing!

My RSQ3 Sport Edition started build at the very beginning of Oct '21, I took delivery 28th Jan '22. There is absolutely NO gauge as to how long. It appears VAG will start a build with a partial kit and put it aside to await more components, my wife's 'R' was in build for 5 months. Dealers are in the dark too, my Q3 suddenly appeared at the dock in Germany, I had it about two weeks later. I hope your's is quicker, Good Luck.

Mike

They take 4 weeks to build once production starts. My car was meant to be Tango red with basic spec. They amended it's spec 4 weeks before it's build week. That's the latest the spec can be amended.

Mine was held up in Production for a few weeks. Arrived in the end though, all to spec.