02M Gearbox Gear Issue

killfame

Reaction score
Hi there, guys.
For past week or so i’ve noticed that my 3rd gear pop-out on deceleration after few seconds after I left off sometimes it happens right after that
Basically it happenes in different circumstances. Sometimes and more noticable is If I’m taking fast road turn (left turn) for example , pops out in the middle of the maneuver.
The tranny is running fine without any funny grinding noises or what so ever and engage gears without any problems.
Recently did Gear Linkages factory reset , but that didn’t help at all ‍♂️
02M Tranny with Forged Fork on 3rd-4th Gear
Gearbox/t-case oil has been changed 2 times since I own the car if that does even matter.
I think I messed up something inside attached to the gear(hub) it self
Any one , ideas or similar problem solved?

I had similar happening in 2nd gear going up the gears in my old gearbox, wasn't as extreme as what your describing though mate. syncro maybe?

I had similar happening in 2nd gear going up the gears in my old gearbox, wasn't as extreme as what your describing though mate. syncro maybe?
Well I have no idea what’s wrong I already found Gearbox dropped for spairs and bought the whole shaft with 3rd/4th gear
But is gonna take a while for delivery and fixing the problem.
Mechanics I spoke to bet syncros are on their way too
I Did my self 2 times perfect align adjustments on both linkages
1st time it did worked out but not for a long time of period. Couple hours of driving engaging/downshift/deceleration was alright Then it started to pop out again I said to my self to stop using fast downshifting on 3rd or whatever downshifting at all...
Couple days after the car was running perfectly fine till yeasterday after work on my way to home.
Engaging 3rd gear at the moment is a bit of a mystery task, miss engaging gear and randomly reving 3” straight piped exhaust because of bad syncro It’s really embarrassing in high traffic hours, trust me.
I Check out the Linkage Catchers thought they 20y old tires ones, today I did changed them with brand new ones and nothing happened at all...
3rd / 4th gear are nightmare....
Engaging 3rd gear is a mystery deceleration on 3rd gear is a pray to stay on, putting into 4th gear the whole gear knob moves and vibrates as never and seen before!? I have no clue what’s happening ‍♂️