03-05 New Keys - Enlightening if want new style

3 places to look for frequency, 1st flip key out & could be printed behind the key, need torch as small print, 2nd is to stick small screwdriver in between 2 parts split & could be printed on one half on a small label & 3rd just ask your dealer what it is as they can easily tell you from your vin & check pr code against the PR info listed in etka.

i have an audi a4 b6 and the frequency code is 433.94 do you think the key you brought above would therefore work if I can get one ordered through audi

That would depend if that part number comes up under the A4 pages in etka, if not then there will be an equivalent

ok i had a look on etka last night and when the b6 changed to the b7 the picture of the key change and there are both models list. i'll have a chat with my local audi parts guy

A4 one piece Key 8E0 837 220QINB £61.86INC VAT 433.92 MHZ 5D1 PR CODE

Both B6 and B7 run these codes and frequencies. And year and month of build cover old two piece key

A3 one piece key 8P0 837 220DINB 61.85 INC VAT 433.92MHZ 5D1 PR CODE.

And same on A3 as for as frequencies go.

As long as you quote these part numbers to the parts guys with your chassis number and reg Im sure they could try and order for older cars.

I know I would, a sale a sale:yum:

Frenchy, ur just like my parts guy, you do what you need to get the sale, where as some are so fecking anal, its not for your car so wont order it, just fecking order it u ****, I'm paying so whats your problem, lol, cant stand people with blinkers on that dont think outside the box or have a mind that cant expand further than the end of these nose.

Will this work with 8L ?

Well in my wisdom & I dont tend to give up that easily along with my many an hour checking the keys systems & relevant immo chips etc I decided maybe there's an easier way to get the newer 05 onwards style key for my 04 car, now I did actually buy 2 keys of the bay & audi couldnt code them, which was strange cause they did the same for my S4 B6 & worked, so couldnt understand why, so I decided to take my immo chip out of my old keys & stick in top of the new keys, managed to do one key but broke the other chip given they're glass & the glue used in top of old keys is solid as hell, but had one key anyway & programmed remote for locking systems so one key worked fully only cause of chip swap.

So after my many calls to key pro's, emails, readups etc I discovered that the keys are VIN encoded & brand coded from audi germany, then sent to the stealers to finish the coding with the car & other keys over the net, also there are varying immo versions that have had more & more security added by audi on each new version, along with different version megamos 48 immo chips, it just became a headache but I finally got answers for my many questions, infact 2 stealers couldnt answer me, whats new there huh, even master tech didnt have a clue why wouldnt work.

So basically I thought outside of the box here a little, ok etka shows the newer style keys under the 8P from 05, it uses the same frequency as my car, immo systems on the 8P havnt changed so effectively I should be able to order it for my car, parts guy was optimistic & he knows when I ring to throw my vin number out window as nothing I order generally is for my car, lol.

So he ordered the new style key with my key number & vin expecting it to come back as invalid order, low & behold he said unbelievably the new key has arrived, precut & its the new shape aswell, couldnt fecking believe it, old 04 style car can order a newer style key, think was about £50 odd & then coding by stealers which is 30 mins top.

I ordered the 8P0837220D which is a 434mhz remote which covers 433-434, check your remote frequency, I'm going on saturday to get key & coding done, I'll confirm 100% it works then or not.

But just goes to show if you try your luck on things sometimes the shortest path is the easiest & quickest, very shocked it worked out as knowing audi systems I've come across for years thought was gonna be an impossibility given the key listed for the car was old style.

Not gonna count chickens just yet but I'm 99% sure its gonna work given audi would have tested the key & it wouldnt have got to stealer if wasnt coded to a degree, audi can be thick on somethings but generally on these things they're **** hot, so cross fingers new keys sorted for older 8P's.

Old key:
oldkey.jpg

New Key:
newkey.jpg

A3 one piece key 8P0 837 220DINB 61.85 INC VAT 433.92MHZ 5D1 PR CODE.

Audi want to charge me £130 for a spare key. Taking the key cost of £61.85 from this gives £68.15.... is this reprogramming cost justified?

Judging from this price you would think it takes them nearly an hour to do the reprogramming.

Programming takes about 30 mins or less, so depends on your dealer hourly rate, they do however charge by the half hours, but shouldnt take any longer than 15-30 mins, needs all keys to do the coding or other keys at home will be useless as the keys all get reprogrammed to the car, so effectively this isnt far of what I expect the job cost to be, older keys were more than that just to buy IIRC without coding