034 Motorsport ARB - Rear Anti-Roll Bar

Can anybody explain why this mod is needed? And what it does? Cant ever say ive had to change the ARB on any car that ive had.

Can anybody explain why this mod is needed? And what it does? Cant ever say ive had to change the ARB on any car that ive had.

It is not 'needed' but for sure makes a 'positive' difference to the 'turn-in' of an 8P platform.

Does BLUEY have one fitted? Oh yes...

But then again I ran BLUEY in STD form first, did my own evaluation, and then made the changes needed to suit my own style of driving.
:racer:

It is not 'needed' but for sure makes a 'positive' difference to the 'turn-in' of an 8P platform.

Does BLUEY have one fitted? Oh yes...

But then again I ran BLUEY in STD form first, did my own evaluation, and then made the changes needed to suit my own style of driving.
:racer:

Ive only really driven mine for a few hours before disaster struck the next day. Its been sat on the drive since. Looking at the standard ARB though, its corroded to feck. The car was registered in not so sunny Scotland. My 25th anniversary was from there too and was the same kinda condition underneath. I may replace soon anyway. Just for a bit of bling

Ive only really driven mine for a few hours before disaster struck the next day. Its been sat on the drive since. Looking at the standard ARB though, its corroded to feck. The car was registered in not so sunny Scotland. My 25th anniversary was from there too and was the same kinda condition underneath. I may replace soon anyway. Just for a bit of bling

Put it this way, I've fitted several 034 ARB's to 8P RS3s and no one has wanted to change back to the standard ARB:

034 Feb 2018

It is the first thing I'd change - let's say way more of an improvement than 8.5J front rims, and I've done that too... :racer:

Ive only really driven mine for a few hours before disaster struck the next day.

The 8P RS3 is a GREAT car, stick with it. As with others you've collected the previous owners issues, sort 'em an enjoy.

Oh, and tyre pressures: 39psi front and 37psi rear works best and gives 'even' wear across the full width of the tyre - plus a tad more cushioning...

AND for "just for a bit of bling" on the rear discs, as you seem to be changing those too, see the drilled ones from MTEC - if only to match the fronts (doesn't improve the braking, mind...):

MTEC rear discs

But I do have a low miles pair of original rear discs (no lip, no rust) if of use, probably pads too:

Original discs Original discs 2

Last edited:
Reactions: bobby_s3
I no longer need the forum....

John you are officially my new best friend! Haha You appear to be the oracle on the RS3!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Another advocate of the 034 Rear arb. John and I were both sceptical but converted

Finally fitted my 034 rear ARB today after buying it 2 years ago .

Those drop link bolts were a bit tricky, as they were stuff!

Definitely feel the difference straight away, I put it on the stiffer setting as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk