034 Transmission mount for S4

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to source a billet transmission mount from the UK?

034's product sells for $75, but add shipping from the USA and the total cost adds up to about £85 at current exchange rates. Anyone know of a cheaper source?

Reactions: V6_Man
Awesome GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962
I have also placed my order with them including ECS Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser that they will ship for me from US. Contact Al Brown @Awesome, great man.

They have the transmission mounts listed on their website and if they don't have them in stock they'll order them for you. Their next delivery is 12-14 June and orders will have to be placed before 20th of this month.

Are you adding VAT and all the hassle including what if ... . I would talk to them and in case you want other stuff see if there is anything they could do on price.

Have you taken in to account UK VAT on top of that £85 if you were to get it directly from 034? if not then it makes awesome's price quite a bit better

Is this not where looking into a group buy comes into play?
I joined a group buy for Jackpoint jack stands and two things happened, by getting together enough people to buy over 20 pairs, the unit price dropped and the air freight costs dropped below what I would have paid to get a similar weight delivered within UK, plus the transit time was under 24 hours, which was a surprise. Now okay we all had to work out who would take delivery and then working out collecting them, but it worked out very well as we all contributed to the work - just a thought before poo pooing importing stuff from USA.

Reactions: scotty76
For goodness sake, you're going to save a tenner at best. Just be done with it...

Reactions: Lavis89, RyanJonS4 and V6_Man
For goodness sake, you're going to save a tenner at best. Just be done with it...

In this case, absolutely, in the case I mentioned there was no UK based reseller/agent. Plus, I'd think that ECS, if it is from them that you were planning to use, should/would point you in the direction of their UK reseller/agent, ie Awesome.

Right, I'm gonna bite, It's bugged me for a few years. What's a transmission mount and what's it for exactly ?

Reactions: GarethS4 and V6_Man
If the item says "0 available / 10 sold" it is because I bought the last one, just now :hubbahubba:

Reactions: xpoweruk
Thanks. Quickly scrolled down the thread and still managed to miss that post. I now see what it is and what it does.
I'm a little miffed as to how that lump of metal helps with smoother changes though.

the void in the standard mount allows for a bit of movement when the box is shifting (especially as it gets older i should imagine) having the billet inset stops the movement so the changes will feel smother

Crafty copiers these Chinese, even anodise them a tame colour to blend in with its surroundings - no good for posers though!

Reactions: V6_Man and xpoweruk
Crafty copiers these Chinese, even anodise them a tame colour to blend in with its surroundings - no good for posers though!
Unless you are :racer: your car upside down it is unlikely anyone will be able to see transmission mounts :yahoo::yahoo:

powerflex do nylon inserts, which i am using currently, if i knew of the billet one i would have went for them, no way would i pay 80 quid though, pure rip off

no way would i pay 80 quid though, pure rip off
If you have access to a milling machine and happy to spend the R&D working out what you need to do, and then pay people to produce it, ship it to the UK, stock it, sell it, pay VAT on it and give it away at the end for no gain, then I'd agree with you...

Reactions: RyanJonS4, V6_Man and xpoweruk
And it arrived in post today
aae7705a8f8f8f3597672c51ddcc735d.jpg

Quick delivery it was @jdp1962 - impressed and it is a quality product.
58337571097e13dee605f636b3ff612e.jpg

2c7daceb566294b14669220b4c2f3782.jpg

I don't have the 10mm spline socket or ramps to life the car onto. It can wait a couple of weeks and I'll get it fitted when it's in for the brake fluid change and remap.

Arrived today also. Will fit tomorrow

Reactions: xpoweruk and V6_Man