034 Transmission mount for S4

@jdp1962 - See what you've done Jeff
Got us all spending our pennies lol

Reactions: jdp1962 and V6_Man
@BH, not just him but you too. Followed all the build threads and although I never wanted to but couldn't resist.
Black Carbon Fibre badges delivered today. And now unsure and thinking I should've gone for the Red ones (for Glacier white).

2311dca930b26dc46fc2f87725edffec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
@BH, not just him but you too. Followed all the build threads and although I never wanted to but couldn't resist.
Black Carbon Fibre badges delivered today. And now unsure and thinking I should've gone for the Red ones (for Glacier white).

2311dca930b26dc46fc2f87725edffec.jpg

@Tashfeen - They ^ look fab mate
My 'experience' with fitting 'em
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ack-edition-saloon.240456/page-8#post-2488403
You have free will, Col. Don't put it all on me, not even when making excuses to Mrs Hound. :)
@jdp1962 - Nope. Don't have any of that lol
Gotta blame someone & who better than the younger than me Jeff ;) :D

Reactions: V6_Man, jdp1962 and Sandra
I think I will take mine off, getting some vibrations I didn't get before especially in reverse

Reactions: V6_Man
I think I will take mine off, getting some vibrations I didn't get before especially in reverse

I bought the Powerflex set a few weeks back ( same one that @Cerbera9 mentioned ) a few weeks back, haven't fitted it to the car yet, so that really doesn't help at this point, but I'll report once on there. They manufacture 2 specs, I got the 'road' version. Thought the compliance of an elastomer bush might offer a little more refinement over the billet ally one.

That sounds like normal 4WD judder, especially on full lock.

Reactions: V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Swapped it back this morning and vibrations are gone, can definitely feel the gear changes are 'looser' but I prefer that to the vibrations
If anyone wants this one I took off you can have it for £5 posted

Solid inserts are known to increase NVH on some vehicles IIRC it is often worse on DSG

Swapped it back this morning and vibrations are gone, can definitely feel the gear changes are 'looser' but I prefer that to the vibrations
If anyone wants this one I took off you can have it for £5 posted
Useful feedback and food for thought there. Thanks, @8163264

Interesting. I hadn't planned to have one of these inserts fitted, and now I feel less inclined.

Ordered mine thro' Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VR-...32805776460.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.ulrXwa
Supplier is VR Racing
£8.93 delivered !

I'll let you know how long t takes to get here
Well mine arrived today. 9 days from ordering to getting here, not bad at all from China

I'm very pleased with the product itself. Its seems well made. Silly money if you ask me

I'm still going to fit mine despite the comments that have been made to see if there is a noticeable difference
I'm going to wait until my cars been in for its service on the 27th June before I fit it
For £8.93 delivered I'm not going to lose any sleep if I don't like it

Reactions: V6_Man and xpoweruk
Well mine arrived today. 9 days from ordering to getting here, not bad at all from China

I'm very pleased with the product itself. Its seems well made. Silly money if you ask me

I'm still going to fit mine despite the comments that have been made to see if there is a noticeable difference
I'm going to wait until my cars been in for its service on the 27th June before I fit it
For £8.93 delivered I'm not going to lose any sleep if I don't like it

+1.

I am going to try it next week as well. Believe I need to try and find out if the vibrations are related to this or not. I have been reading and have asked a few but no one else has reported any problem with transmission insert. As said above, there can be multiple factors for vibrations

Reactions: Bristle Hound
For info I had the vibrations on a 2WD 2.0 manual TFSI not an S4, the ebay/aliexpress links say it is compatible with all B8 models but perhaps there's issues with this model.

Was reading about trans mount vibrations and came across a thread on Audizine where people had reported the same issue. The screenshots show replies from some forum members as well as from 034Motorsport themselves. Hope it helps.

98d97e3048d9e225812acf0f8e9b79a1.png

80598ef2b6eff784e0f0ee897705e2ff.png

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Presumably that should be "helps eliminate the feeling of sloppiness of shifts" since it doesn't actually affect the transmission itself?

Mine's now in, and I'm happy with it.

Apart from that one hiccup, gear changes are smoother and there are no vibrations at all.

Reactions: jdp1962
OK guys. I don't have one. Can you describe exactly what I should be able to notice on my car that this insert fixes?

The difference is quite obvious on the 6MT as you have your hand on the stick.
Basically the gearbox has less twist/movement when accelerating hard & changing gear (the slop 034 refer too) as the void in the mount is filled with the insert.As you are around the 500HP mark Dippy you will prob notice the difference even more as the mount will be past it's designed limits

I also have the 034 solid engine mounts fitted for the same reason.Another great upgrade once stage 2 & beyond

The difference is quite obvious on the 6MT as you have your hand on the stick.
Basically the gearbox has less twist/movement when accelerating hard & changing gear (the slop 034 refer too) as the void in the mount is filled with the insert.As you are around the 500HP mark Dippy you will prob notice the difference even more as the mount will be past it's designed limits

I also have the 034 solid engine mounts fitted for the same reason.Another great upgrade once stage 2 & beyond

Exactly what XP said. A simple example is I am no longer getting the gear change blips from 3-2 or 2-1. Upshift, tbh, I don't feel any changes at all. Very smooth transmission.

Reactions: xpoweruk
OK I'll try to pay attention to it on future drives. I had a drive train stabiliser fitted to my B5 S4 and I did notice that improvement, although that was a 6MT. I can't say I notice anything negative about my S-tronic, which is why I asked.

Apologies for reviving an old thread, was looking at purchasing the 034 transmission mount but glad I stumbled across this..

Anyone have any issues with the VR racing transmission mount? I guess you guys who have installed it have had it on for over a year now, how has the experience been since installation?

Apologies for reviving an old thread, was looking at purchasing the 034 transmission mount but glad I stumbled across this..

Anyone have any issues with the VR racing transmission mount? I guess you guys who have installed it have had it on for over a year now, how has the experience been since installation?

No issues so far buddy. All good here.

Reactions: xpoweruk