034 Transmission Mount

fearLesss

Reaction score
Hey all,

Got an 034 Transmission Mount I need to fit, as far as I'm aware I can't do it at home because it's right in the centre of the car and I don't think I have a jack that can give me that kind of clearance.

I asked Shark Performance if I could pop it over for them to fit for me and they wanted to charge me an hours labour at £60, is that right? According to the instructions it should only take a minute once its on the ramp.

Going to ring my local garage and see what they say.

Maybe their minimum charge is an hours labour a lot of garages work that way. Maybe wait and get it fitted when you have your service?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This takes 10mins with a jack and axel stands. Buy a jack and axel stand from Argos or halfruads for £30-40 and do it yourself and you will have the tools bought rather than paying £60 for 10mins work lol

Reactions: xpoweruk and GjrBartlett
This takes 10mins with a jack and axel stands. Buy a jack and axel stand from Argos or halfruads for £30-40 and do it yourself and you will have the tools bought rather than paying £60 for 10mins work lol

Can you get under with axel stands?

Can you get under with axel stands?

It's very tight on axle stands but just about managed o ours, didn't feel safe though!

Also make sure you have the right tool to hand, I didn't and ended up getting it fitted when car was on ramp having other bits done