04 a4 b6 avant 1.8t quatro

GGrmk

Twin Turbo
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new to these forums, so if I'm posting in the wrong place don't flame me:p! I have an 04 A4 B6 Avant 1.8T Quatro. I want to install the AEM Universal Engine Management System. Right of the bat, two questions: has anyone done a similar mod (probably a dumb question:unsure:), and what exactly is involved in a project like this. I have ElsaWin software installed (it's all about audi, how to fix manuals , etc.) and I have the scan tool and software on my laptop too. Now I know that I'm going to have to do some wiring, a lot actually, so any help would be appreciated (maybe in the form of a diagram?), and any tuning help/tips/etc also greatly appreciated.

For pics additional info etc. don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

OOOhh i have no answers but many a question, what benefits will this give. people keep telling me the ecu is limited.

Yes it is, like I just had to grab a new ECU, because it got screwed up. When I would turn on my car, it would rev up all the way, like I floored it, but I haven't even touched the pedal. The reverse if you jam the pedal down. Checked everything, the pedal has a sensor (digital throttle), got a new pedal. Nothing, checked the sensor on the throttle itself, nothing. Finally checked all the wiring including the ECU plugs, nothing. No problems anywhere, but the car still screams unless you jam the pedal. Finally I just got a new ECU, and that solved the problem!

Now on the benefits: improved ignition timing, more power+better fuel economy. Tune the fuel maps on the fly, if you have a switch controller (optional), connects to your computer (windows based) and you can write the maps from there. AEM says easy to use software (hopefully), but highly illegal, lol!

ahh illegal in canada but in england i dunno if our police are smart enough.

My local bobby still thinks my pressed plates are illegal despite passing all checks with the BS number

My brother runs a stand alone ECU on his 1972 midget with a 1.6 Toyota 20V engine in it. He can adjust everything using his laptop. fueling, timing, rev limiter etc.. it passes MOT so should be legal!!

nothing illegal about that sort of mapping in the UK... just make sure your insurance know about it.... if you end up in a prang and they find a piece Toshiba's finest wedged into the tree next to your bumper.... with Rosstech cables still running out from under your dash, then the insurance bods might want to have a word or two...

That said... there's pretty much no way for them to prove the power output :)

My local bobby still thinks my pressed plates are illegal despite passing all checks with the BS number

He's got a point in fairness ;)

Plates must be "Reflex reflective and comply with BS Au 145d".

BS Au 145d:

"Requires a number plate to be marked with BS AU 145d, the name, trade mark of the maker and the name and postcode of the supplying outlet."

How can pressed (metal?) plates be reflex reflective?

How can pressed (metal?) plates be reflex reflective?
They can be all the pressed plates ive seen are reflex reflective ,
as long as plates are reflective and use the correct type face they are uk legal .