04 audi a4 1.8t limited edition

seb1981

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at buying an 04 plate a4 1.8t limited edition with 108k on the clock can any one help with known common faults or if this car is just gonna be a money pit

All depends on what you are paying and what sort of mileage/driving you do most of the time?

It's going for 1200. at the moment I'm driving about 15 miles per day around town and nipping to shops but soon will be moving jobs doing around 40 miles per day mostly A roads

The town driving will kill the fuel economy! I have the same car (BEX engine code) but it's a quattro so I know that will shave a few miles off the mpg but I can honestly say it's pretty bad on fuel, nipping around town with a stop start journeys will give you around the very low twenty's if out on the main roads on 15 to 20 mile plus journeys I'll start to get about 31 to 33 mpg if I'm lucky after the first 10 miles!
I'm seriously considering trading mine in for a b8 tdi quattro to be honest..:weary:

Don't get me wrong I have no other issues with the car regards reliability and especially build quality etc and after having pretty much every model of Audi over the last 20yrs A2,A3,A4,A6, TT's I still really rate the level of finish on the B6/B7's

Think I might wait till I can get a tdi lol thanks for your reply

I also have a mk1 VRS that has the 1.8t petrol engine and even after a stage1 custom remap e.t.c. it still returns between 35-40 mpg even when I clog it lol
good luck with your search.

I have a 1.8Tquattro and easily get 34 mpg on longer runs( over 15 miles) My overall averages are typically 28- 30 mpg - and I don't hang about too much !

I currently own an 04 A4 1.8t 190. Pinholes in the exhaust are a common issue, oil leak from cam tensioner, coolant flange gasket causing slow leak and worn abs magnets are what I've came across so far.
Sure there is someone on here with way more experience than me with the known issues, but so far nothing major for me.
Really impressed with mine so far, goes like a rocket

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk