09 Plate Avant - Wheel Arch Rust!

mpc

Reaction score
I have noticed that on both front wheel arches of my A4 Avant S-Line there is 'bubbling' under the paintwork that if not treated soon will blister and flake away. I'm surprised at this to be honest and wondered if Audi have some sort of bodywork warranty that I might be able to get this sorted under?
Any advice?

Lol I have the same on my 2008 avant
There is another post recently called paint rust with the same issue. It is covered under the 12 year paint warranty but Audi will not honor this and will offer to cover maybe 50% of the massively inflated quote they offer. So be prepared to pay a few hundred quid minimum !!! Don't mean to sound negative but this is the truth!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It does appear that Audi do not want to honour the warranty for this,even tough they added a protection strip on the B8.5 for the exact issue

Lol I have the same on my 2008 avant
There is another post recently called paint rust with the same issue. It is covered under the 12 year paint warranty but Audi will not honor this and will offer to cover maybe 50% of the massively inflated quote they offer. So be prepared to pay a few hundred quid minimum !!! Don't mean to sound negative but this is the truth!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
hello just recently I was up at the main dealers picking up a dipstick instead of that stubby thing and I asked about the rust on the wheel archers and they said to me the twelve year warranty is for rust from inside out not the other way around so the rust you are on about is sort it yourself.

It's rusting from behind the wheel arch. Had it on my B7. For Audi to honour the warranty, you need to have a full Audi service history.
Failing that, I just bought good second hand ones in the same colour and fitted them myself. They just bolt on.

I have noticed that on both front wheel arches of my A4 Avant S-Line there is 'bubbling' under the paintwork that if not treated soon will blister and flake away. I'm surprised at this to be honest and wondered if Audi have some sort of bodywork warranty that I might be able to get this sorted under?
Any advice?

I have a 65 plate A6 s line which has a blistering bubble coming up on on 3 separate doors. Audi are saying it's not covered under warranty due to external causes - never had it on any other car - anyone else had issues??

I have a 65 plate A6 s line which has a blistering bubble coming up on on 3 separate doors. Audi are saying it's not covered under warranty due to external causes - never had it on any other car - anyone else had issues??

Make a complaint to Audi UK, it should be covered on a 65 plate, what external causes did they give you?

JG

Do you have any photos of it you can post?

If it's straight behind the wheel on inner fold and near the sill / door bottom then it should be covered .
I've just had 2 new wings fitted & painted for free. A brilliant finish . They are well aware of the problem caused by not having plastic stone guards fitted in the first place and and seem to be quite happy to rectify this problem.

See this post - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/paint-rust.309604/

You will have to phone your dealer and Audi UK , a LOT tho to get it anywhere . Be polite but persistent. Expect up to 2 months before you get a call back!

However I did have rust bubbling on my B7 (after 12 years it became really apparent but was there from 8 years) which was higher up and towards front side. Which was probably due to insufficient galvanising dipping on the edges.
This is much harder to get covered under warranty.

Good luck.

Make a complaint to Audi UK, it should be covered on a 65 plate, what external causes did they give you?

JG
Nothing specific - "maybe a stone chip" - Never had any such issues with my other cars with stone chips blistering, (I average 30K per year over the last 17 years) especially as it's on 3 doors. Audi UK apparently can't overturn the descision (or won't) and it looks like they're to offer a goodwill gesture of a reduced price repair. My opinion is it is likely to be a galvanising failure and should be under warranty.

I'd get a second opinion on the cause from a body shop, and if they say it's not down to your use I'd fight it all the way. Typical Audi trying to worm their way out of paint warranty, plenty of people/threads on here with the same response from Audi dealer etc.

JG

Reactions: xpoweruk