1/4 mile race

Dan930

Reaction score
What the chances of the s4 with full bolt ons & remap vs bmw e92 (n54)335i with full bolt ons & map,the bimmer is running around 450bhp & similiar torque

The BMW might finish with a higher terminal speed but the S4 I would say is probably going to be quicker as it will launch better and in a 1/4 mile the BMW won't be able to close the gap. If the BMW gets some decent rubber at the back and hooks up then it could go either way.

That kind of race is likely to be more of a driver's race as opposed to car race.

Whats been said above is likely correct. The BMW will likely have a higher terminal velocity and by all accounts the S4 should get off the line quicker. However a good driver in the BMW and a poor start in the S4 would likely result in the BMW winning.

The 335's are quick cars (especially when modified) and weigh signifcantly less than the S4's. When it comes to modding, its generally the guy with the biggest wallet that will win.

Reactions: skiptowncat
just saw this over on audi zine, MY adivce would be to go over to mrc rather than giac they are getting closer to 500 bhp with bolt ons. a 335i will really struggle with traction up to 3rd depending on the strip so really over a 1/4 mile your should have him

I have owned both cars. You don't say what gearboxes the cars have, the step-tronic auto BMW box is quite slow to change, but the later style DCT box is as fast as an S-Tronic, so this would give the BMW a huge advantage if fitted.
The BMW would struggle for initial traction, but once rolling it will squat down and head for the horizon! I think the Audi would have it off the line, but the BMW would slowly start to claw it back. It would be very close at the finish!