1/4 Mile Times

Doh, should have looked at your sig

gaydude3.gif

I think the Auto is about 18 seconds, never tried...maybe i should..lol

keep ganging up gaylords....mine pulls through all gears:)...... may suffer slight judder now and again but thats part of the fun:laugh::redface:

apparently they cant pull the skin of a puddin..... no chance of a hand job from CC Ryan :friends:

Well it was an AMAZING show but rain stopped play on the track on Sunday, well it was more of a drizzle but these things happen!

Maybe next time...

14.6 mine
went against a new Golf Edition 30 thing which was remapped to 300 brake and the owner was not happy at all at me beating him in fact he said he might get rid!
had Jojos S3 and a golf Mk1 soft top (driver was wearing pink pants,saw him getting his times...FREAK!)

That bloke needs to get rid, as he obviously can't drive for $hit..
My mapped ED30 has run a 13.2 @ 107mph, so if he is getting beat by a 8L S3 doing 14.6's, he needs to have a word with himself.. :huh:

On topic though. A mapped S3 should see 14.0 with the right driver. My Mapped LCR did (same engine/power etc) but with FWD... ;)
Standard ones with the right launch can see 14.5's, mate's use to..
All depends on the driver and how much hammer you want to give the car really..

A scalp is a scalp so you'll have to forgive me for not dissing the driver of the ed as I had a good chat with him afterwards and he's a nice bloke who knew a bit about cars.

My S3 isn't seeing quicker than 14.6 and I think I'll have backing that I don't hold back when doing the straight line fairy bit......but am open to tips if you have any more than change gear when the pull starts to fade away?

I'm no pro mate, but there is a bit more to it than just changing gear when the power starts to tail off..
The launch is obviously the main thing and with having 4WD a quality launch compared to a steady/bog down launch can make a huge difference. Speed at which you change gear (full throttle etc)..
You wouldn't think there would be a lot of difference in it really, but there is. Otherwise every car that was the same spec would be running identical times..
Plus if other mapped S3's (or my old LCR) have run 14.0, then there is obviously room for improvement in yours, or it's not running a it should possibly.. As a 14.6 is what standard ones run.

Didn't really mean to offend the other chap in the ED30, as he is a fello brother.. :laugh:. But to say he was thinking of changing it because he's running high 14's is a bit daft. He obviously takes it steady up the strip by the sounds of it. Seen it many times before..;)

Ok then, looks like mapped S3's are only capable of 14.6's.. Just thought they would be quicker than that.. :huh: Couple of the guys on here seem to as well..;)

14.0 for a mapped LCR is pretty good. Doubt we weould see that up here on our ****** 1/4 miles.

I know my brother got 14.4 with an unknown map on his first Leon but on his second standard one he could only manage 15.3.

13.6 106mph ihi s3 335bhp.

14.0 for a mapped LCR is pretty good. Doubt we weould see that up here on our ****** 1/4 miles.
It wasn't for me, as I got it about 6 times and just couldn't get that extra 1/10th to squeeze into the 13's.. Best was a 14.002 @ 99mph :sob:
I can see the Golf doing the same with the 12's.. :( :sm4:

Ermm speed at which you change gear? sorry but I just look at the rev counter when doing it and as for bogging down that is dismissed by the ESP button.
sorry but a standard S3 must be quicker where you are.
oh and I'm not your 'mate' as I don't have a ed30 :p

Are launching with the esp on then mate? If so thats why your times arent as good as others mate, get it turned off next time you go mate.

That bloke needs to get rid, as he obviously can't drive for $hit..
My mapped ED30 has run a 13.2 @ 107mph, so if he is getting beat by a 8L S3 doing 14.6's, he needs to have a word with himself.. :huh:

On topic though. A mapped S3 should see 14.0 with the right driver. My Mapped LCR did (same engine/power etc) but with FWD... ;)
Standard ones with the right launch can see 14.5's, mate's use to..
All depends on the driver and how much hammer you want to give the car really..

The LCR's are generally quicker over the 1/4 than an S3 with the same mods due to them being lighter because they dont have the haldex system (as long as the lcr has a driver then can get it off the line)

The LCR's are generally quicker over the 1/4 than an S3 with the same mods due to them being lighter because they dont have the haldex system (as long as the lcr has a driver then can get it off the line)
I would say over a 1/4 they would be fairly even. As the S3 should get a lead off the line (traction) and the LCR will pull that back once rolling. So the times would be similar, but the terminal speeds higher on the LCR..

sound of the door shutting on an S3 against a Leon would give an insight into why it is quicker
Eh... They are near enough the same car mate... Bar the 4WD and a few cosmetics..
Evo mag has the S3 as being 1kg lighter than the LCR too.. :huh:

my s3 was 1415kg according to the sticker(no sunroof)

they are roughly the same parts just not put together the same with differnt gearing i beleive......if you check the dash out the materials used are far cheaper of which i would suspect a great many other parts will be too

not being snobby but i hate the old argument you get with skoda/seat/VW owners... each car has its place in VAG and that is emphasised by new/resale prices and quality of build. Anyone can build an airfix model, but id buy the one put together with the strongest glue rather than the one held together with blue tack and ill have to pay for that - that isnt me being snobby or argumentative - its logic

Yeah I agree that the interior plastics etc are of a better quality on the S3 and it's a lot nicer place to sit. But from what matey was saying it was as though LCR's have doors like a Saxo VTS and the car is loads lighter when in fact it's not at all really..

not sure myself, mates just bought an 04 reg 1.8 20vt seat leon cupra r, although it says on the logbook 185bhp and its front wheel drive, it weighs around 200 if not more kgs less than my remapped 215bhp a3 quattro the engine and everything under the bonnet is the same however i much prefer the bucket seats (fully electric) that the seat has. seems as everyone said that was suppose to be quicker than mine we had a little play and i dont know how but ive beat it! definatly see the quality in the builds tho, u buy audi! makes the impossible possible ;-)

i also beleive the gearing is entirely different in an LCR, think of it from a marketting perspective....if the Audi was the quickest aswell as the best quality etc etc.....everyone would aspire to get one (most), VW obviously want a slice of the pie in each market...edge their bets....not a bad tactic if that is what their doing

not sure myself, mates just bought an 04 reg 1.8 20vt seat leon cupra r, although it says on the logbook 185bhp and its front wheel drive, it weighs around 200 if not more kgs less than my remapped 215bhp a3 quattro the engine and everything under the bonnet is the same however i much prefer the bucket seats (fully electric) that the seat has. seems as everyone said that was suppose to be quicker than mine we had a little play and i dont know how but ive beat it! definatly see the quality in the builds tho, u buy audi! makes the impossible possible ;-)

If the seat had been remapped too i doubt you'd of beaten it !! but given the choice i'd have your Audi all day......

depends so much on situation, driver abilty etc....so easy to drive the 1.8T and make it your weakness

Wow how heavy are your A3's!:box:

My old 172 Cup used to run low 14's at the Pod although that was nearly 200bhp/per tonne!

Albeit not standard, usual NA bits and bobs done inc;
higher lift billet cams
inlet/exhaust manifolds matched
decent SS exhaust and sports cat
ITG panel with great CAF
Decent RS tuning map

Do s3's benefit from uprated cam's or is all down to remaps and hybrid turbos etc?

Ok so some serious mods needed to get up the 200/tonne limit then!

Clio wasnt the best build quality hence getting shot for the A4 but i do miss the b road carnage!!!

I'm a little confused by some of the times quoted, my old S3, standard bar a superchip, managed a 13.8 @ 99mph at pod
admitedly it was a 5k + launch LOL