1.4tfsi s line or 1.8tfsi s line

luke1234

Reaction score
Hello guys, i am new to the forums, however i am currently looking to buy an Audi a3 s line for March but i am unsure on what engine size to get, its currently between the 1.4tfsi or 1.8tfsi in petrol. Insurance wise is £100 difference so that is not a problem. What do you guys think??

Thank you

Id always go for the quicker car if i could afford it, always nice to have that little extra power, but thats just me!

Tom

If outright speed doesn't matter to you I'd go for the 1.4 and use the change for options that you like. 1.4 is supposed to be a nice little engine from what I've heard.

1800 is faster and has more tuning potential though, the difference in MPG and insurance costs is practically nowt unless you're counting every bean :yes:

2.0TSi?

Drive the 1.4 in a A3 it is was gutless as F**K and to rev the nuts of it to get any where !.4 twin charger is a different story though. Because of the fact you will be revving it so much to get the power in the real world a 1.8 will have better economy i think.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I guess I am better off with the 1.8 rather then me change my mind 6 months down the line and regret not buying something with a little more power.

Thanks again