1.8 TFSI DSG remap torque limit

MA1601

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to this forum hoping to get some advice please.

I recently bought a 2014 1.8 TFSI S line saloon with the S tronic gearbox. Been looking around at remap figures and stage 1 torque increases to about 320-350Nm. I did some research and I believe my car has a DQ200 dry clutch gearbox with maximum torque capacity of 250Nm which is what the car already has. Would a remap be a risk then? Thank you in advance!

From stuff I have read when googling DSG information the DQ200 can have issues on stock engines. With another 30-40% torque long term that probably wouldn't be good.

You are already at max torque as you have already stated.

i wouldn’t even think about it on a DQ200. I even pulled out of buying a DQ200 A3 after reading all the horror stories

Thanks all, definitely not remapping now. Don’t these tuners know the torque limits of the gearboxes? Also slightly worried that even in stock form the DQ200 isn’t reliable ***!

Thanks all, definitely not remapping now. Don’t these tuners know the torque limits of the gearboxes? Also slightly worried that even in stock form the DQ200 isn’t reliable ***!

You can reamp the gearbox though, make it change gears more effective, this will actually increase your 0-60 time as it will switch gears faster.
I just would not go increasing the torque and HP as a new DSG gearbox is very expensive.

I came from diesels and 250Nm torque doesn’t feel like enough especially with passengers in the car. Probably a good excuse to sell in a few months for an S3 haha

Reactions: Bigjase88