1.8T Mileage

chasdrury

Reaction score
So... my 1.8T quattro will go over 130,000 miles tomorrow. I know the 1.9 / 2.5 TDi can do big mileage, but what's expected from a 1.8TQ. I have no major issues - money has been spent when needed, oil pick up etc etc. If I keep it it will do another 40k in the next 18 months....

What mileage have other 1.8T's got?

There's an A3 on the other forum at 240k in a track car! Seen plenty of 180k + cars. As long as its serviced and you change the oil pickup then you should be fine.

When I stripped the engine on my Ibiza 1.8T (pretty much the same engine) I could still see the hone marks on the cylinder bores - there was no play on the pistons - no leaks, no oil getting through - cams and head were perfect.
I had changed the oil every 6000 miles since 75,000 - stripped it at 101,000.

So the sky is the limit dependant on how it is maintained / looked after.

2.5-big milage...pffft... the cams wear if its not happy with the oil before 100k..

As said 200k+ easy with regular service mantainance.

Mines just about to hit the 125k. Everyone comments on how quiet the engine is. I change the oil every 5k.

Whats the realtime mpg out of your 1.8TQ's??

I have the 1.9tdi Q sport so interested in a comparison.

Mine averages 42mpg over a full tank with all types of driving, whats yours do??

Mak

Whats the realtime mpg out of your 1.8TQ's??

I have the 1.9tdi Q sport so interested in a comparison.

Mine averages 42mpg over a full tank with all types of driving, whats yours do??

Mak

Generally mid to high 20's. But i do a lot of motorway mileage - last tank i used was abolutely all motorway (maybe apart from 10 miles) and it got (based on fuel fill up 37 mpg)