1.8t N/A cam's

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
The best ones to get are agn cams, i posted thread ova week mate, av a search.

Can't believe that the AGN engine has one more aggressive cam than the 1.8T.

I'm watching this with interest as have heard about this mod before and I know a breakers nearby that has literally about 10 sets of these cams available for about £20 a pair !

Nobody really knows... thats kinda the thing here... everyone talks about it but there is no actual evidence..

They are supposed to be higher lift etc...

<tuffty/>

Its one of these ones that I find hard to understand, as lots of people seem to talk about it but I have not yet seen anyone post that they have actually tried it !

It used to work on the old mk2 golf's if you had a 1.6 Driver and fitted a 1.8 GTI Cam it gained you about 12bhp with the right carb re jetting. So I guess in theory it might work.

To give an example based on a turbocharged car, on the S13 200sx's you could fit an exhaust cam on your inlet on the CA engined ones and it gained you a good bit of power. I done this to a couple of mine and achieved good results :)

So with that info in my mind I can see how people would suggest that it can be done but I really want to know if its all just talk or if anyone has actually done it. There was a time a few years ago where I would have been happy to test out the theory but I have alot of things to pay for just now so cannot afford my S3 to be off the road if it all goes pete tong !

Last edited:
If I had a couple that were not in a car I would happily send some down to you for testing but I would need to visit the breakers and rip a head apart to get them out and I dont have any spare time to do it just now :(