1.8TFSI remap

sting3rr

Reaction score
Anyone got their 1.8tfsi remapped? It feels pretty fast as it is, but would be very quick with a map to 200bhp or so. Does this engine use the same clutch and turbo as the 2.0T? If so i would imagine it can cope with the power increase well. Is the turbo likely to wear faster with a map?

Iv had my 1.8TFSI remapped using bluefin. Very big change because of the power to weight ratio.

Ill be honest however i struggle to cope with the added low end torque causing wheel spin, The turbo is a K03 as used in the MK6 GTI, as for clutch im not sure but im guessing it should be the same.

The turbo however is not totally the same as the KO3 used in the A3 2.0T 04-07
or the Golf GTI MK5.

I have only had my car mapped for around 3 weeks but after putting it through numerous runs with some forum members we can vouch that the power increase is improved alot.

how have you found the general increase power through the range and also how much effect has it made on fuel consumption?

how have you found the general increase power through the range and also how much effect has it made on fuel consumption?

Im going to take some videos possibly tonight, But to explain it better the pick up in torque around 2500rpm is alot more noticeable car becomes very lively.

Before the torque felt more gradual which was better in a way but now having that extra punch does making it more noticeable and quicker on road. I used to find that the oem map would carry on quickly and progressively but now if i run along its as normal but when i slightly bury it i do get a much stronger pull in the middle. In gear on motorway however the torque is considerably better but i never found rolling around town in gears a problem before it generally always felt on tap.

To describe the top end power and general power increase ill give you an example below

MKV R32 VS 1.8TFSI Stock - I would stick well through 2nd gear but straight away id lose a car length which would easily progress to at least 3-4 over time.

After the map im consistently sticking neck on neck from 2nd to 4th without any problems, We generally had 40mph rolls and through the gears we were dead on neck on neck mirror on mirror.

After 4th however maybe carrying on he started edge away which is inevitable because of the displacement and more BHP.

Id say the stage 1 map is a tad quicker than a stock GTI, MPG has dipped a little bit i think i need a revised map though for a bit more top end and a smooth mid range instead of the sudden surge of power.

I managed 36mpg on the way home today with mixed town and long dual carriageways, It has dropped however im generally averaging around 30-34, I can rarely see 36 now unless im driving like a grandad.

Im gonna get mine mapped at REVO HQ in a couple weeks. The change is meant to be pretty impressive.

That being said I am upgrading a few bits. New intake, engine mounts etc.

great write up farhan lad, i'm interested in a remap but also debating a new/newer A3. why did you go down the route of bluefin and not revo? can i ask the price you paid and can you switch between stock and stage 1?

great write up farhan lad, i'm interested in a remap but also debating a new/newer A3. why did you go down the route of bluefin and not revo? can i ask the price you paid and can you switch between stock and stage 1?

No problem dude, I struggled to find some good reviews when looking to get mine mapped so its always helpful now to be able to give someone else advise about it.

I went for bluefin honestly because of the price, It was listed at 365 which compared to any other major tuner was considerably cheaper. Revo was a very strong option for a while but i couldn't help but question whether it would be better than another, Bluefin (superchips) offer a great service, I am able to switch back to the standard map at anytime with the controller which is included in the price.

The maps can be revised and tweaked if you are not happy with it, Im certain shark and revo are the same for tweaking but both charged for the controllers.

Also gains for each individual car are different you cannot guarantee that you will see the gains revo have and TBH alot draw you in because of that. Also later i can always use the bluefin controller on another car and if done within a year of purchase the new map for another car is free. If you decide to change later than a year theres a lesser charge for a map for another car (You can also sell the bluefin controller on pretty easily so a bit of change back if i decide to sell later)

I would love to try out a car with revo software but i wouldn't change at all, If i had plans to go onto stage 2 software i would choose someone like revo etc. As i wanted to keep things OEM and simple with this car i thought bluefin makes the most sense at that price.

massive increase once in second gear but if im honest im probably hitting some poor 0-60 times now because of the unusable first gear and wheel hop.

I blame the fact that i have some poop tyres on the front which i cant wait to replace once the tread runs out.

If the launch is good with decent tyres then i reckon its sitting in the mid-high 6s quite comfortably.

thanks farhan for he quick reply. interesting and food for thought for me. i really like my A3 SB 1.8t s line, is ticks a lot of boxes, just a shame its now out of warranty. should i keep or buy... :think: time and funds will tell

i chose GO-APR map for my 1.8T FSI sport sportback.
its got four selectable modes via cruise control.
i can choose to select stock mode, race mode-unleaded,
race mode-super unleaded or valet mode plus its got a security
device.
power delivery is aggressive from stand still but not as aggressive as REVO.
ive taken the car to speeds of 141MPH with a video shoot but i cant
post it for legal reasons.

Im still considering it, not sure how much use it would be possible to get from a map. The main benefit i can see is more torque for pulling out/overtaking on motorway when in high gears.

im currently running Revo Stage 1, increase in power delivery is quite significant throughout the gears, no complaints from me however i am still waiting on my SPS switch, but due to the popularity of the xmas deal there is a bit of a backlog with the switches, so i will have to remain patient even though the audi is due its first service lol, ive been running on shell v power 99 octane since the map was done at the beginning of december, i will be putting the audi on a rolling road sometime soon to get some figures on paper and compare to stock.

Last edited:
what it means is that you will have a lot of pulling power or torque at low revs
so u wont have down-shift as often and this could translate in to some slightly better fuel
economy.
on mine , i rearly exeed 2000rpm on the rev counter and boy does it go.

Im still considering it, not sure how much use it would be possible to get from a map. The main benefit i can see is more torque for pulling out/overtaking on motorway when in high gears.

Last edited:
what it means is that you will have a lot of pulling power or torque at low revs
so u wont have down-shift as often and this could translate in to some slightly better fuel
economy.
on mine , i rearly exeed 2000rpm on the rev counter and boy does it go.

Seriously 2k rpm? The fun for me is when im hitting 5k+ on sliproads etc. Do you end up not using the high end power with a map, and driving it more like a diesel?

Seriously 2k rpm? The fun for me is when im hitting 5k+ on sliproads etc. Do you end up not using the high end power with a map, and driving it more like a diesel?

hitting those revs is not required, perfectly reasonable to hit mid revs to get a bit of motion on as you say sliproads and the likes.

i do hit 5-6k revs when i need that extra power to dust off diesels short-term torque when i race them.

VAG 140 bhp 2.0TDI's with fabia VRS.
Buts thats mostly off the lights because the cant reign their power in quick enough.
beating them at mid range will involve hitting 6k revs.

Hi All

First post be nice :)

I recently bought a 1.8TFSI DSG 7 speed. love it and now i think its time for some more punch.

I had a 2.0TFSi TT before loved it then a TTRS which i miss, but had to sell due to buying a place.

My 2.0TT was mapped by DMS Automotive..Map wasnt to agressive but power was there low end..but not really much top end. my dealer never noticed on recalls or servicing.

My RS i kept standard. yes i knw what a bore!!!!

So now my dilema is i want to map my 1.8 but not sure which tuner to go to. From websites and emails ive been told the folowing

AMD mapped to 202 bhp 252lbs £499
bluefin mapped to 207 bhp 252lbs £455
revo mapped to 220 bhp 275lbs £538 excluding switch
dms mapped to 225 bhp 219lbs £594
mrc mapped to 258 bhp 257lbs £400

Has anyone got any of these?

im assuming most people will have revo or bluefin. i dont want anything aggressive as the front wheels jsut wont be able to get the power down, i want a smooth power increase across the range.

What do you fellow members recomend?

Hello,

where are you based? We can do you a custom map to your specifcations. You can drive the car to see if the power delivery suits you and we can adjust to suit. The only thing is it's a fairly time consuming process as ECU needs to be flashed on the bench each time so we'd need the car a couple of days.

Rick

i went up against a civic type R the other day and there was nothing in it.
i was only short of overtaking it because the driver resorted to driving in the middle of the road
on a dual carriage way on a "PRIVATE CIRCUIT OF COURSE".
The civic was screaming like a b!tch all the way as the guy was in this V-TEC RANGE.

went up against a type r the other day in my stock 1.8t 59plate
nothing in it at all, but wouldve liked more punch if im honest
Would bluefin get me there?
there a bluefin dealer 10mins from me

bluefin is reasonably priced but i cant speak for them.
with my APR map i can get some free updates and on
the plus side if i add some more mods like a stainless steel
a decat e.t.c. APR will only charge me peanuts to update the map
to recognise the mods.
revo might but most remappers wont.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anybody any tips on mods available and recommended for this engine? (It's 1.8T FSI, BZB engine code)

Enjoyed reading the thread, main reason I'm sticking to my 2.0tdi 170bhp diesel, REVO remap to around 205bhp.
I'm getting 42Mpg doing a steady 100Mph!

Cant knock the 1.8 though ..........................................

Last edited by a moderator: