1.8TFSI Remap?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im an ex-A3 owner. I used to have an A3 1.6, and sold it to buy my new baby. It's a TT S Line Roadster 1.8TFSI, and from what I remember, there used to be a fair few 1.8 owners on here. I am pleased with the power in stock form, but from looking around on Revo's site and on various different forums, the difference following a remap is like night and day apparantly.

I was wondering if some of you guys could help me? Has anyone got a remapped 1.8TFSI? What's it like to drive? Is it much different on the road with the increase in torque? Whats the MPG like?

On the other hand... has anyone ever had any reliability issues with a stage 1 car?

Thanks.. all comments welcome!

ive got an A3 8p 1.8TFSI remapped by APR.
feel free to ask me any questions.

ive got an A3 8p 1.8TFSI remapped by APR.
feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Whats it like performance wise now?
Does it feel different on the road?
Hows the MPG changed?
Have you had any issues?

Dan

I have done afew remaps on the 1.8TFSI and the results were great. Going by customer feedback they have all been impressed with the performance increase and also had a slight increase in MPG but its all relative to how heavy your foot is. It makes the car easier and more enjoyable to drive due to the increase in torque. Night and day as some put it and I haven't had one negative comment on the remaps yet.

Whats it like performance wise now? much much faster. turbo sools up QUICKER. REVO LIKE. 234BHP 267 pound of torque on the dyno @AMD @ 25 degrees celcius.
Does it feel different on the road? yes much different. was able to breach the 140mph limit. sub 7 seconds 0-60, maybe even lower.
Hows the MPG changed? forget it. no remap on a petrol will give you good mpg unless its a diesel.
Have you had any issues? clutch slips.
if i were to turn back time i would do it all over again and wont change a thing.

The main advantage of my APR map it that its switchable via cruise control so when i need fuel economy i turn it off.

Last edited:
I have done afew remaps on the 1.8TFSI and the results were great. Going by customer feedback they have all been impressed with the performance increase and also had a slight increase in MPG but its all relative to how heavy your foot is. It makes the car easier and more enjoyable to drive due to the increase in torque. Night and day as some put it and I haven't had one negative comment on the remaps yet.

Thats good to hear mate. Thanks for the reply. Do shark do remaps or chips?

Whats it like performance wise now? much much faster. turbo sools up QUICKER. REVO LIKE. 234BHP 267 pound of torque on the dyno @AMD @ 25 degrees celcius.
Does it feel different on the road? yes much different. was able to breach the 140mph limit. sub 7 seconds 0-60, maybe even lower.
Hows the MPG changed? forget it. no remap on a petrol will give you good mpg unless its a diesel.
Have you had any issues? clutch slips.
if i were to turn back time i would do it all over again and wont change a thing.

The main advantage of my APR map it that its switchable via cruise control so when i need fuel economy i turn it off.

Okay thanks mate, it seems like you're happy with yours! Yeah, I dont expect a rise in MPG really, but has it dropped? How long has yours been remapped for? and how many miles is your car on? Is the clutch slipping a common thing?

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Dan

mpg wise in mapped mode i get 40mpg on the motorway @ 70mph.
in stock mode i have had 51.9mpg on the motoway.
i bought the car with 7400k miles on the clock last year october
and had the it remapped at 10432k miles.
now the car has 35654k miles on the clock
its just fine apart from the clutch which started to slip
since june this year..

Its a Shark remap NOT a chip change. Thats old technology from yesteryear. With reference to economy I have seen a slight rise in MPG on my S3 and have heard on numerous occassions from customers exactly the same and thats from Golf R's, ED30's and Audis S3's and TFSi's. As I said before its all relative. You have more power so you use it. Under normal driving conditions you will see a slight rise in MPG.