1.9 tdi 105

r3stu

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a hybrid turbo to the 1.9 tdi 105? what sort off power are yous running?

Could be a case of lots of cash without much effect, exhaust, filter???

Already got a filter aswell, Was hoping to gain atleast 30bhp with a hybrid? :slap:

I don't really know much about turbo upgrades to be fair, if the engine is the same as the one fitted to mk 4 Golfs there should be lots of stuff out there. An exhaust should squeeze a few more bhp though surely. You should've got a 2.0! New engine??? :idea:

Yea it was a 2.0 i was after until I found an immaculate 1.9 with alot off extras, no where seems to do stuff for the 1.9 :(

Gutted for ya, there has to be something out there. Failing that enjoy a clean car with good spec. Ah well.

TBH i woudlnt bother spending anymore dosh on a 105, its pretty ancient engine although more gains can be made for ££££ youd be better off p/xin for a 140 or 170.
Remaps always give best £bhp/ratio anything other then that on most diesels is a waste. I wouldnt bother spending hundreds on an exhaust and filter for a PD105 itll do diddly squat.
if you want to keep it though best thing to do is try get hold of some injectors from a PD150 and also its turbo (gt1749B I think) and TIP, thatll make a big difference. With All that on you'd need a custom remap, also a new exhaust manfiold to fit the VNT17 turbo, and then likely your clutch will go so budget for an uprated one of those....Next your limiting factor is the puny SMIC which is only jus about good enough for a stage 1 remap....so think about an FMIC.
Can you see where this is going?........... A pit, and its full of money.

Im only 19 with alot off points so insurance was bad enough, another plus for the 1.9 when i bought it...

Thought about putting a bigger audi turbo on it, but its alot off work with new manifolds etc, hybrid seems the "easiest" option?? what gain does the hybrid turbo do on the 2.0?

Here is the car in question, still a few things to do to it

untitled.jpg

a Hybrid of the VNT17 on the PD140/170 and CR 170 could get you anywhere from 200 to 240bhp ++. But you dont see its not just the turbo you need there's many other things that come with it.
A hybrid alone on a Pd105 with nothing else would be a waste of time really, its only a small VNT15 turbo you have on it.
The larger turbo won't fit without new manifold and TIP , probably IC hoses and def. a custom map would be needed.

Thanks alot for your help, Spotted a set off pd150 injectors online, what gains would they give me alone?

the turbo youve got's only good for up to 165bhp really. Im not sure if there's any difference other then software between a PD105 and P115 ( someone correct me), and that could be mapped up to about 160ish map. . you need the turbo and the injectors.

BV39 in 105pd, GT1749V (s1 or 2) in 110/115/130/150bhp and even 2.0tdi 140pd. :icon_thumright:

Cynical Old bloke post....

Surely if you carry out these mods, AND declare them, then your insurance wont be any higher than a mildly tweaked higher spec engined car e.g 140 derv??
Tidy looking car BTW, not sure about the S3 rims.:think:

Cheers
Paul

Cynical Old bloke post....

Surely if you carry out these mods, AND declare them, then your insurance wont be any higher than a mildly tweaked higher spec engined car e.g 140 derv??
Tidy looking car BTW, not sure about the S3 rims.:think:

Cheers
Paul
thats what i was thinking. gettin decent bhp out of that engine would take some serious tuning as mentioned, not so invisible to the insurance as a remap!

PaulAr, I was un sure about the S3 wheels but then I looked again and they've grown on me, suppose all the people going for the MTM's have spare original wheels around , good they get used up....

Looks well r3stu, are you selling it or have you bought it with the mods, reson I ask is the Piston heads banner??

Hi mate been doing some research on this with the pd105 you can get a pd105 hybrid turbo then you need pd150 injectors and pd150 head bolts with a custom remap looking at gains of 200 plus