1.9 tdi injector help

dannyvalley

Reaction score
hi there i have got to buy new injectors for my 1.9 tdi 110 bhp year 1997 i just took it to a guy that i know that does car tuning and he said the injectors are fuked as its got no go and is verry flat so i tryed wynns diesel cleaner through it and a little bit better but hardly anything. i am on about puting the 2.5 (0.216) injectors in it which ones do i get ie year and how much work is it to do and are they the same fitting as mine and what do i have to adjust to make them run spot on. will the car bet a lot faster n more responsive any help will be appriceated thanx dan

there are more likely suspects tbh of causing loss of power than the injectors.

what engine code is this? 1z? ahu? afn?

check all the vacuum supply pipes for the vnt (turbo variable vane system) they rub thru on each other as they pass around the airbox and down to the soleniod valve on the o/s/f of the engine.
check the vnt is not seized up either. and the vac soleniod is working. clicking and switching vac and holding it. youd need an engine running diagnositc actuator test done at a garage or using vagcom to do this tho.
also....
airmass under reading?
needle motion sensor in the 3rd injector?

lots of possibles before jumping on the injectors as a fault. (the old style injectors on these engines being very reliable things.)