1.9tdi 100bhp, 115bhp, 130bhp

Well,AVF have a stronger clutch,240mm vs 228mm AVX;some people says the extra 25nm came for the map,other people says came from the gearbox;to be honest,i dont know the true.
But bowth engines technical are the same.
AVF cant take 450nm till 500nm
AWX cant take till 400nm,most remaps are 370-380nm tourque

Last edited:
i think mine is the AVB engine being the 100bph

AVB is good in fuel economy,but not so great in power:
AVB 12,1sec 0-62mph
AVW,AVF 9,9sec 0-62mph

Diference between 101hp and 131hp are turbo,injectors,diferent map,diferent internals,diferent flywheel and clutch,so they are a lot at diferences

I just explained the diferences,they are not only on the turbo.

i think makes difference in the turbo

100hp - gt15
115 gt1749v
130 gt1749va
They are all technically GT 15 but Garrett are making the matters even more confusing when they are reffered as VNT1749x(x) ?! The 110Bhp VE and 115Bhp PD IS the same GT1749v turbocharger(the later has a larger intercooler and higher injector pressures hence the low bhp difference but the Nm increase), the pd 130 is a GT1749VA(few mm bigger compressor wheel), the golf/bora PD 150 is a GT1749VB (the largest fitted VNT17 with integral manifold) wich feature a new mix of alloy and can sustain higher boost and higher EGT. This wont fit a longitudinal engine as its mounted the wrong way.

Turbos 150hp pd are not mounted in the wrong way,they are just for transversal engines :)

I meant they are clocked the wrong way for a longitudinal engine and under the bulkhead as opposed to beeing on top compared to the passat (bit like my girlfriend when we make sex: she wants me to be on top and i wanna be under !)...

I know what u mean :);anyway,good udpgradet for longitudinal engines is pd 170hp turbo bv43,is plug and play.Im use one for myself.

Well,AVF have a stronger clutch,240mm vs 228mm AVX;some people says the extra 25nm came for the map,other people says came from the gearbox;to be honest,i dont know the true.
But bowth engines technical are the same.
AVF cant take 450nm till 500nm
AWX cant take till 400nm,most remaps are 370-380nm tourque

Don't see how it could be the gearbox as torque / bhp is measured at flywheel for manufacturers figures, must be map

yes,they are;the only thing is you must have ET43 wheels 17 or 18inch,or u have to use wheel spacers;16inch wheel dont fit s4 calipers!

@Bari,why u sold that turbo?why dont u go bigger?,like 3,0tdi 240hp turbo?Is true,in this case injectors dont have flow and is underfueel

yes, in that case better injectores will be needed...

here in Portugal we have Ibizas PD 130 with more than 300hp, i know one with 370 :)

13022010006t.jpg

but the engine blows... i think

Yes,is true,stock engine cant handle more 250hp,i think 200hp is safe on long term.

Sorry to drag this thread up, but with the bv43 turbo bolted onto awx engine and good map will the injectors need upgrading or are they ok with the standard ones?

Sorry to drag this thread up, but with the bv43 turbo bolted onto awx engine and good map will the injectors need upgrading or are they ok with the standard ones?

i would like to know this, but for a avf engine.

Cheers,

Last edited:
100 Bhp 250Nm
115 Bhp 285Nm
130 Bhp AWX 285 Nm 5 speed manual
130 Bhp AVF 310 Nm (sport 6 speed manual)
130 Bhp AVF/AWX 285 Nm auto only.
There was no 115 Bhp pd engine fitted to the b6 audi a4 or audi a6 c5, the 115 Bhp ATJ engine was a passat b5 and audi a4 b5 only engine and prone to porous heads/overheating. They are not the same, the 130bhp got stronger rods and pistons. There is also the ARL 150 Bhp fitted in the golf, also different rods, injectors and turbo + agressive map and a 160 Bhp lump fitted to the seat ibiza cupra wich is a ARL with a factory remap.

Dont want to come across as rude, but I own a 04 1.9 TDI A4 Avant Sport. Its a 115. Almost certain its PD. Engine code BKE.

does anyone have any info on the PD115 BRB engines? mines been pretty solid soo far, are there any known problems with them?

mines been mapped by R-tech in Leicester for around a year or so now to roughly 150bhp with 285 ftlb's of torque with no problems with the clutch or flywheel.