Coding: 00400
Shop #: WSC 21215
VCID: 290E0DBA80ED10BF069-5184
WAUZZZ8E52A007313 AUZ6Z0A0079950

1 Fault Found:
01314 - Engine Control Module
49-00 - No Communications

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has oil, think I may have some corroded electrical components/box?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Wow, surprise NO one replied!!

Was this sorted Jake?

I know you know, but did you check very basics like battery, alternator etc? Failing that, looks like the ECU is not being nice?

Hope its sorted?

Reactions: DieselJake
Cheers, same to be honest.

Yeah all sorted now mate the box for the electronics under the bonnet had cracked (most likely when it or the ECU or the bonnet or the windscreen or something else was replaced), seems quite a common thing to go wrong, the place I took it said the had the same on an RS4 the week before (let's water in over time straight from the scuttle pannel if it's cracked).

If anyone else suffers the same this is a great guide: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...ngine-light-flashing-cause-fix-inside.143060/

I also had to replace some solenoids in the box that had corroded which is what killed it, I also previously unclogged the plenium drain plugs under the battery (which was unfortunately unrelated but a good thing to do to stop rain build up especially at the age our cars are now).

Treated my car to a few more go faster bits today so it best be ****** reliable now haha :icon thumright:

Glad you are sorted..... my tdi wont start at all.... just read the link you provided & all i get when i turn the key is an amber triangle with circle light. I fitted a new oem brake switch before all my problems started. Could this be a likely cause????

Could well be, do your brake lights still work when you try them? If your anywhere near Birmingham I can scan it or if not that would be my second port of call just to see if it's down to a lack of communication like mine or something else.

Cheers, same to be honest.

Yeah all sorted now mate the box for the electronics under the bonnet had cracked (most likely when it or the ECU or the bonnet or the windscreen or something else was replaced), seems quite a common thing to go wrong, the place I took it said the had the same on an RS4 the week before (let's water in over time straight from the scuttle pannel if it's cracked).

If anyone else suffers the same this is a great guide: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...ngine-light-flashing-cause-fix-inside.143060/

I also had to replace some solenoids in the box that had corroded which is what killed it, I also previously unclogged the plenium drain plugs under the battery (which was unfortunately unrelated but a good thing to do to stop rain build up especially at the age our cars are now).

Treated my car to a few more go faster bits today so it best be ****** reliable now haha :icon thumright:

Well, glad you got it all sorted.

Thanks for the update Re: what to do if it happens to any of us. Quite easily done especially bad weather.

Haha, need to see more of your car. Some vids perhaps. :tongueclosed:

Cheers mate, I'll probably get a build thread up soon like yours, keep thinking I'm done then find something else to buy haha.

Yes, please do! You've slowly modded the HELL out of your B6 and me, like a lot of others would like to see the fruits of your labour!