1.9tdi pd Car won't start flashing glow plug

Rusky27

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm hoping for a couple of suggestions. The past couple days car has taken a little longer to get running. But was generally fine fettle for its age and milage. (A4 avant b7 184,000), anyway yesterday it just wouldn't start I have my flashing coil light on and eml on. After reading a few threads I got someone to check brake lights were working which they are and ordered and fitted an audi brake sensor new type with white tip. Still nothing my battery will need recharged as I've tried multiple times. She was due an mot but no chance of that now. I've got glow plugs coming and I've ordered a crankshaft sensor.

I'm nowhere near any vcds car is housebound, so can't scan for true idea. But wondered if there are any other avenues you guys can think of.

As I say I've not renewed the crankshaft sensor yet or plugs.
Thanks
Russ

I actually wonder if the flashing glow plug error and the non starting could just be down to glow plug failure, and not something obscure like a brake bulb..

Update, managed to replace the brake sensor plug and extract each of the glow plugs without any breakages. All four had major resistance on the multi meter and look like they'd been there since jesus dog left Glasgow....

New ones back in but car needed jump started, she shot into life and has been starting fine now... But after about 5min the esp and the abs light come on and won't go away. Now I've read that some guys drive hard lock right hard lock left and it has disappeared. I've tried this but no luck, every time it's been fine until 5min the both lights come on is this a vcdc job or possibly refit the old break sensor?? Does anybody have any answers.?!
Steering feels fine no shaking etc..

Last edited:
Last update got all the usual errors abs esp and the flashing coil not to mention the continuous brake lights. So bought another brake sensor but this time didn't depress brake pedal when fitting switched on ignition, brake lights as normal again... but flashing coil. Gave the brake pedal 2 good presses and coil vanished and so far hasn't came on again. Phew. So for anyone else out there that gets these errors and doesn't have a vcds I hope this can help, as nobody here did.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashtec125sp