1.9TDI Quattro Sport Remap

dgannon69

Reaction score
Who's had it done, what sort of results have you gained such as 0-60 times, bhp and torque increases??

Is it worth it and can the engine handle it?

Regards
Dave

I have had this done on my car and it goes like this:

Superchips remap 73k miles ago.
Now producing 180bhp
121bhp at the wheels
277lbf torque

as measured at Star in Fife. Could do better with a custom map but not worth another few hundred quid for the gain.

Engine going fine, uses little if any oil betwen services, no clutch slip unlike others. 217kmh recorded top wack with a road angel and the car was loaded to the roof inside with two weeks camping stuff. Not recorded any 0-60 times.

6th gear is now good for accellerating rather than just an overdrive...well worth it.

Hope this helps.

I had a revo map on mine, but never really got the benefit as the clutch couldn't take it (car has done 60k). What I noticed before I took it of was how much smoother the car is to drive. I don't have any figures (although the quote output is 180BHP) but it certainly made the car drive much more like it should - apart from clutch munching!

Got an UPSOLUTE re-map on mine (although not quattro)
It pulls like a train in all gears but clutch could not tkae it so had to get it re-newed.

As mentioned before about 180BHP and 405Nm

I'm in the process of choosing someone to remap my TDI 130 PD (non quattro) at the moment, it's on 67k and i must admit i'm a bit concerned about the clutch issue, from what i've read it seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

does anyone know how much you'd be looking at for a new / uprated clutch?

MikeA3 said:
I'm in the process of choosing someone to remap my TDI 130 PD (non quattro) at the moment, it's on 67k and i must admit i'm a bit concerned about the clutch issue, from what i've read it seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

does anyone know how much you'd be looking at for a new / uprated clutch?

SACHS OE clutch, release bearing / slave and fitting was £314 inc VAT
(My car had done 56k when replaced)

My MTM uprated clutch was £900 inc fitting from QST in Haywards Heath. Bite point is as tight as a gnat's chuff, but I love it, it's much more sporty and makes a difference if you like fast launches and gear changes.

Thanks guys

I'll see how i get on with the remap first but the sachs clutch option seems to be a very good price