How to unhook the plastic engine cover??

There should be 4 or 5 plastic fixings, which you give a quarter turn, then it should pull off.

"unscrew" ... a qtr turn, although i am sure that it doesnt actually matter which way they r turned.

On the S3, there are only 2 plastic screws at the front of the cover. Undo these and pull the cover towards you and it will slide clear of the 2 rear tounge's. you'll see them once removed, refitting is fiddly but not difficult.

[ QUOTE ]
On the S3, there are only 2 plastic screws at the front of the cover. Undo these and pull the cover towards you and it will slide clear of the 2 rear tounge's. you'll see them once removed, refitting is fiddly but not difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what he said for the S3, fiddly to put back the first time but much easier if you need to do it again.

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
Yep you need a super gigantic flat blade screw driver and then turn the 5 secureing screws a 1/4 of a turn in either direction and they will simply pop up, simply revers procedure to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find small denomination coins work well if you need to do this when out bush. Handy for when your boot is full of crap and you need to disconnect the battery to reset your Symphony II which has crashed and hung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Cheers,

Edward.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep you need a super gigantic flat blade screw driver and then turn the 5 secureing screws a 1/4 of a turn in either direction and they will simply pop up, simply revers procedure to reinstall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find small denomination coins work well if you need to do this when out bush. Handy for when your boot is full of crap and you need to disconnect the battery to reset your Symphony II which has crashed and hung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Cheers,

Edward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the giant screwdriver is what I carry all the time now, along with just about every tool I need to stripdown the A3, but when I've forgotten the tools then I find the car key does the job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif