11mm forge spacers skimmed down.

Naylor92

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking to try and widen my stance just a tad more. The only way I can do it really is if I skim down my 11mm forge hubcentric spacers. However, I have a few reservations in doing it. Will they still be hubcentric if I skim down to say 5-6mm? As they have like a beveled edge to sit on the hub. Also will the bolts that come with them still be okay to use with the spacer being smaller than original?

Cheers,
Sam.

If you machine down the spacers that will narrow the track????. Do you have some wider wheels to fit?.
The spigot on the wheel hub that normally locates the wheels probably sticks out 5mm or so. If you machine the spacers down to 5mm then there is no material left for the hub centric part to be supported.

Reactions: Naylor92
If you machine down the spacers that will narrow the track????. Do you have some wider wheels to fit?.
The spigot on the wheel hub that normally locates the wheels probably sticks out 5mm or so. If you machine the spacers down to 5mm then there is no material left for the hub centric part to be supported.
This is exactly what I thought chap, hence the post. Just wanted someone else to clarify haha. I already have aftermarket wheels with a wider offset but just wanted to go a little wider, I guess I’ll have to just have it how it is as I can’t thibk of any other alternative.

42 draft design sell 5mm spacers with the hub ring for the wheel to sit on/centre

I’m running them on rear

42 draft design sell 5mm spacers with the hub ring for the wheel to sit on/centre

I’m running them on rear
I’m struggling to find the exact ones I need for my car mate. They definitely fit a 2016 RS3? I want front and rears for aftermarket wheels (Motec Ultralights MCR2) I know that I’ll need the tapered bolts at 30mm but not sure on which exact spacers as there are a few variations on their website.

I’d email them, I bought mine a long time ago

Managed to find some 5mm hubcentric spacers from ST Suspensions, they do a DZX+ with hub/spigot extensions to fit both front and rear axles. They’re expensive at £207 for everything including extended lug bolts and delivery, but a very good product nonetheless.
I did enquire sith 42 Draft designs and they’re the only other company I think, that offers a 5mm hubcentric. However when all said and done, it was only going to be like £20 cheaper to have theirs and if you have any issues, it’s going to be a bit of a problem trying to send stuff back to the US! Shipping was like $85 this way!
Pleased I’ve finally sourced some though, so the car can really sit how I want it to now.

I run st suspension spacers and for me they’re the best spacers I’ve ever used.
The centring system is excellent, 100% no vibration and stay put in the wheel so no hassle changing wheels around etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run st suspension spacers and for me they’re the best spacers I’ve ever used.
The centring system is excellent, 100% no vibration and stay put in the wheel so no hassle changing wheels around etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I can vouch for the quality too chap as I had some on a Cupra I had a couple of years back. Probably the best spacers you can get to be honest.