12 months on

PeteRS3lee

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
So a full 12 months on and still nothing yet
some might know i bought an A4 then chopped it in for an A7 recently cos i get bored and itchy feet with the same car, only this time after spending a shed load of cash i think i may be going to settle with this A7 and not bother with the RS3 at all, i think if i had not bothered with the A7 i would still be in for the RS3,but as it stands this car ticks all the boxes apart from moving up to an S7 or ultimately a RS7 (definitely cant afford for a few years)
So i think i have a build slot that will be available for someone,not sure how it would work transferring to someone else though,maybe I might make a few £££s on top or not,
not sure what the process would be or even if i can do so.
anybody ever done such a thing on here
anyway i think im at least 80% sure im keeping this A7 as the interior of the S3 aint floating my boat and i cant see the RS3 changing too much from that, i do like the outside and i know the RS3 will get some wider arches and such like, but may not be enough for me to part with more money

Lol the longest non event thread to grace our fair forum

In this time you could’ve bought a nearly new (or even an odd brand new one) and enjoyed the last great RS3.

Can’t see the new one being all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, FBF01, NevMan and 1 other person

In this time you could’ve bought a nearly new (or even an odd brand new one) and enjoyed the last great RS3.

I know
I’m still in it 20% so all is not lost yet
Should of not let me near an A7 then

A year ago would have been the time to buy an nearly new RS3 not easy though very thin on the ground to be honest the spec on the nearly new ones where guff l was looking for such a car from late summer last year was willing to pay up to £50k for the right car but l was only interested in the saloon.... sport backs offered more spec and more of them back then now it's stupid money for one and no used RS3 is worth the amounts they are asking for

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and 8YARWY
A year ago would have been the time to buy an nearly new RS3 not easy though very thin on the ground to be honest the spec on the nearly new ones where guff l was looking for such a car from late summer last year was willing to pay up to £50k for the right car but l was only interested in the saloon.... sport backs offered more spec and more of them back then now it's stupid money for one and no used RS3 is worth the amounts they are asking for

Yup agreed. The OP could’ve been a year into ownership and still move it on at a decent price when the 8Y is open to order.

Was laughing at the 8Y A3 today in a car park. That front end, oh Lordy

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, PeteRS3lee, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Yup agreed. The OP could’ve been a year into ownership and still move it on at a decent price when the 8Y is open to order.

Was laughing at the 8Y A3 today in a car park. That front end, oh Lordy

That front end is very difficult to overcome its so ungainly looking from most angles....side on its fugly l just couldnt live with that but ye never the larger air intakes on the RS MAY BALANCE THINGS UP A BIT...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, PeteRS3lee, NevMan and 1 other person
That front end is very difficult to overcome its so ungainly looking from most angles....side on its fugly l just couldnt live with that but ye never the larger air intakes on the RS MAY BALANCE THINGS UP A BIT...

The lights needed to be reduced by 15-20 %.
We looked at several different new model Audis today and all the front lights are in proportion to the bodyshell they are in.

The other thing that niggles is the big black honeycomb inserts in the rear, why ? They serve zero purpose and make the bumper look odd/cheap even.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee and NevMan
And you lot really ain’t helped
It’s like I’d be embarrassed to ever take it out the garage
With all your finger pointing

Appreciate this front end
You haters
Need to change my user name
3e562afc88becc3cea54a11c46409b76.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Think the cabin is just the best too
Can’t really see the rs3 coming anywhere close to this
b04233a1e6e369eb406abc5fe1b3b9e4.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, SPIKE_, NevMan and 2 others
So a full 12 months on and still nothing yet
some might know i bought an A4 then chopped it in for an A7 recently cos i get bored and itchy feet with the same car, only this time after spending a shed load of cash i think i may be going to settle with this A7 and not bother with the RS3 at all, i think if i had not bothered with the A7 i would still be in for the RS3,but as it stands this car ticks all the boxes apart from moving up to an S7 or ultimately a RS7 (definitely cant afford for a few years)
So i think i have a build slot that will be available for someone,not sure how it would work transferring to someone else though,maybe I might make a few £££s on top or not,
not sure what the process would be or even if i can do so.
anybody ever done such a thing on here
anyway i think im at least 80% sure im keeping this A7 as the interior of the S3 aint floating my boat and i cant see the RS3 changing too much from that, i do like the outside and i know the RS3 will get some wider arches and such like, but may not be enough for me to part with more money

Here you go from todays Audi UK Tweet…
0d1e52c3f93c064309dc1fd6e4580724.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Will it look any better minus the wrap ?

9c941a2bbc988c2901b951fd5109dd2b.jpg

question is, is it gonna be that much faster than the gr8 for the £10-20k extra :wink:
That gr8 seems to be walking all over the competition in the hot hatch category.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Presume the cylinder firing order plastered down the sides means they still have the 5 pot :)

Reactions: NevMan